• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Like New Stainless .44 Ruger Old Army with Adjustable Rear Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskagrizz49

40 Cal
Reaction score
Offered here is obviously a very low round count Ruger Old Army Stainless model .44 (1978 by serial number lookup) with the fully adjustable rear sight. It has the 7 1/2” barrel, which is new brite. I bought this beautiful revolver awhile back, from a friend leaving Alaska and in need of some fast extra cash. He said that he had it since the late 80’s and had never shot it (not really a blackpowder guy like I am). I’ve put maybe 24-30 (4-5 cylinders worth) rounds down the barrel using only .457” round ball. It is impressively accurate, and a great deal of fun to load and shoot. This model first built by Bill Ruger back in 1975, is arguably the very finest cap and ball revolver ever made. Ruger supposedly had inspiration from the Remington 1858 New Model Army. I also have an Italian made Uberti (stainless as well, though never made in the 19th century)…that is also a tack driver, even shooting Kaido Ojamma’s 240 grain .456” hunting bullet. Since I’m really an ardent history student of both 18th and 19th century arms, I’m willing to let this fine Ruger in excellent condition (comes with Ruger nipple wrench (screw blade for removing cylinder as well) go to a good home (though I do not have the original box or instruction book) for $775 my price is firm, which will include USPS priority mail shipping anywhere legal to do so. I’ve got a long verifiable history (one need only look) on this fine forum, and will accept either PayPal F&F (shipping the very next day after receipt of funds), or a USPS postal money order (will provide address after first communicating through the PM (private message) system provided here. Im not interested in trades at this time. Thanks for your interest, this very fine ROA stainless example is in excellent (NRA 98% fine) condition and would make an exceptional addition to your collection.
FE1847EB-0FA7-4D4E-A690-BA92DD62E280.jpeg
4754435A-6370-44F9-A489-EE70E7A86D6C.jpeg
6BCD109F-93FD-4E0E-ADD7-A4843192FFED.jpeg

Last edited:
Would they have the Ruger medallion, whether “only very slightly off center on the right side” (crooked) or not? YES, they’re “Factory”! As for “what going on”…who knows, or cares…the Factory Walnut grips are beautiful, as is the entire piece!

Last edited:
Oh my. If not for ordering a kit next week I would be all over this. Beautiful piece, very fair price. This will sell fast.

OK, guys here’s your chance, I’m making a “one time only” market correction on my asking price…now $775 (shipping still included) Firm, please don’t ask me “will I take anything less”…here now, but a full price only offer for this beautiful low time stainless ROA. I will not! Thank you and good luck to you…
Alaskagrizz49

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back