• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My TC New Englanders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I've mentioned this on other forums about my small collection of N.E. muzzle loaders I've obtained over the last short while. The 1st was a .50 with blued bbl & synthetic stock (Dec '12 purchase)next was a long awaited for .54 Grey Hawk (Jan '13 purchase which btw came with a manure load of accesories too much to list), next and lastly was a double purchase. I really only wanted the 12ga smoothbore but the seller offered an unfinished kit in .50 to sweeten the deal, I could'nt resist :idunno: lol. So anyways, tonite I just finished the kit and hopefully if this Canadian winter weather cooperates I'll be able to shoot the kit & smoothy tomorrow.
IMG_00000028_zpse4892b39.jpg

Its a 28" cyl/bore.

I did get a chance to make it out but only got 2 shots off with the 12ga and I squeezed 6 with the .50 kit. The snow was wet & sticky and soaking everything. I am extremely happy with these two and can pretty much garrantee that they will accompany me on my next deer hunt.
I shot round ball btw too with 80 & 100gr charges.

I understand why you collect those, Jaimie, as I've got a similar collection; just not as purty.

A couple of Greyhawks, both .50s.

A couple of Black Mountain Magnums, again, both .50s.

A spare 12 ga. barrel that fits either the BMMs or the Greyhawks.

A spare .54 New Englander barrel that'll fit any of them.

The BMMs are blued with black plastic stocks, so they are...well...UGLY. But they do shoot conicals well.

A while back I was using the 12ga. barrel on a BMM to bust clay birds. Worked fine once I got the hang of it. Much fun! Have not yet hunted with it.

Jamie from Alberta said:
Next and lastly was a double purchase. I really only wanted the 12ga smoothbore but the seller offered an unfinished kit in .50 to sweeten the deal, I could'nt resist :idunno: lol. So anyways, tonite I just finished the kit and hopefully if this Canadian winter weather cooperates I'll be able to shoot the kit & smoothy tomorrow.

Nice collection you have. I remember those two for sale on CGN. Ya beat me to it, small world. :haha:

How did the .50 do with roundball ?

Back