• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus13

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's my current kit, so far.
all my own make with the exception of the vent pick and brush, which were from Ron.
100_0056-1.jpg

Sure does! last time I took it out I called in Two hunters! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is that horn made from two different horns ? It is very cool I have never seen one done quite like that. What time frame would it portray?

Very nice outfit, I really like the "smallish" bag, I found that going to a smaller bag was about the opnly way to keep things down to what I really "needed"... again, very nice gear can you cut pathces at the muzzle with the flint blade? I had one that would but it was not as practical/fast as a metal blade so I gave it to a friend who does a NA impression.

thanks again guys!
Fisher yes, that is a "repair" horn so the tip is a second horn applied over the body of another. in all reality the time frame for that paricular type is wide open. horns break and get repaired, and used til they can't get used no more! this is more of a "backwoods homespun" type, and I usuially do F&I so lets say thats the time period! :wink:
tg, I actually don't use it for patches! I carried that one simply because I like to keep a spare flint and steel just in case, less likely to lose it if its on my person. :wink: I have since gifted that to a friend, so it is no longer in my kit!

Latest posts

Back