• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 'fluted' stainless Uberti 1860

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my newset toy today.It's an stainless fluted 1860 Uberti.Not new,it's from 1974, but new to me. :grin:
MyGuns001.jpg

Myguns002.jpg

:hatsoff:

Mike Brooks said:
I have never seen one of those in stainless before! :thumbsup:

Mike, i have to apologize.I just had a call with Hege Uberti here in Germany.They told me that they made the first stainless 1860 in the 80s.
So this one is NOT STAINLESS but only WHITE FINISH. :cursing:

Now, i have to make a serious conversation with somebody.
:cursing:

About the only way to determine if the gun is stainless is to try to blue or brown it.
Most cold bluing solutions will not do anything to a stainless steel part except to make it wet.

The old magnet test may or may not prove the material is stainless.
If the material is not magnetic, it is a very good indication that the part is made out of a austenitic stainless steel.(AISI 300 series)

The problem is that the martensitic or ferritic stainless steels (AISI 400 series) are magnetic and stainless. They are also readily hardenable and commonly used in cartridge guns.

I would love to have any one of them. I bet the rifle is fun to shoot. Great looking collection. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

No matter what it's made of it sure is a nice piece, they all are.
Dusty :hatsoff:

40cal said:
I bet the rifle is fun to shoot.:
My favorite rifle.It's an hand engraved and silver plated Henry Rifle.
Link

14 cartridges with 2.2cc black powder and you have a lot of fire and smoke.And fun :grin:
:hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back