• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Cleaning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSE,.... These ol'eyes cleared up for'a minute, and I see'd a pitcher!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SSE-I been staren at thet there pichure, but it's all kinda fuzzy. Don't know ifin it's a fuzzy pichure, or my fuzzy eyes, or this dang newfangled computer, so I guess you'll have to send me the gun so I can figgure it out for sure.

nvbird - Well, I'll send the picture but not the Hawken! I can't get the pic to come all the time, get a lot of red x's. Even the link doesn't work for me very well.

The rifle was built by "rollingb" and has a fancy maple stock. She's a shooter, too.

Regards, sse

When I clicked on the picture I got a big "FORBIDDEN"sign and a message saying, you don't have permisson to see this picture.
back to cleaning. I always remove the lock and the nipple if present, always use a brass rod and a muzzle guide. When I used to use hot water I found the same as some of you that rust was forming before you could get a patch down the bore to dry it. Wheather this was damaging I'm not sure
but might be over a period of time.
Deadeye

Deadeye - If you keep clicking on the link it might work correctly. Also, if you right click on the pic above, that isn't seen, then click on "show picture", the pic might appear. I don't know why it works sometimes and not others.

Regards, sse

I have a fiddle with stripes like that on it's back...

Great looking firearm, I'll give you a nickle for it, of course you'll pay shipping and handling... :haha:

Just kidding about wanting it, nevertheless, it looks fantastic...

Back