• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mug with a lid?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this out:
tavernliddedtankard-2.jpg

Here's the website: Goosebay workshop

Here's another source - Bob Bartelme of Backwoods Tin:
insulated%20mugs%20-%20thumb.jpg

Link: Backwoods Tin

I've bought a few different items from Bob - good quality & design - I can personally attest to the insulated mug - they work great - keeps drinks hot (or cold) and makes hot liquids easy on the lips as well. He's got a regular uninsulated tankard as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cobb Creek also has "fancy" tankard (a bit pricey, but beautiful!):
fancy_tankard_thumb.jpg

Link: Cobb Creek Copper Gallery

There is also a period vessel called a Mucket seen HERE

It has a handle,bail,and lid.It's advertised as a Rev War mess kit ..:)

I got one to carry around Rondys, along with a horn spoon. Married women take pity on this bedraggled looking scarecrow in legins and fill it up with whatever theY're cooking! Being a campdog has worked out pretty well... :)

best
shunka

I have seen several similar pieces but I seriously doubt their historical authenticity. I would very much like to see any depictions of them from pre 1800 or at the very least pre 1900.It's like the the granite wear.When I was doing CW we had problems documenting it before Ca. 1850 in England and doubted it's presence here especially Confederate usage.Curley Gostomski once got a tin three piece boiler from Australia{?} as I recall and it became the rage among CW reenactors.I believe it dated to about 1900+
Cheers
Tom Patton :hmm:

Back