• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Movie/TV switching to replicas industry-wide

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the wake of the tragic accident with the "Rust" movie set, the entire industry is trying to switch to realistic replicas with close-ups, etc. TV and movie producers are attempting to completely eliminate 'real' firearms from use; some of the replica arms are pretty real-looking! Just another reason to emphasize safety, which always comes first!

Definitely for the best.

You CAN NOT follow the rules of gun safety, and point them at other people at the same time.

If Hollywood wants to maintain its perverse obsession with portraying gun violence, car chases, explosions, etc as a form of entertainment, they need to find an alternative way of doing so.

My long time buddy and best man at my wedding, is one of the main armorers for the film industry in NM. He was called to do the armorer duties AFTER folks on the set of RUST voiced concerns over the capabilities of Hanna Reid. He declined as he was working on another production. He has since been interviewed many times about what happened that day. I've worked with him on a western series as assistant armorer. The steps we took to assure safe weapons and loading were rigorous, every single blank round was visually verified by at least three other sets of eyes prior to handing the guns to the actors. All actors were coached in use of the guns as well. There were no shortcuts taken at any time. Baldwin cut corners everywhere and it resulted in a near mutiny of crew personnel and the tragic death and injury of two innocent people. I do see the trend being the use of post production to overlay muzzle flashes, smoke and noise with non-firing guns becoming the norm. My buddy will possibly be out of a job then and he's already struggling since the stupid SAG/AFTRA strike started. It's supposed to end in an agreement next month so we'll see how they start up productions again and how firearms are to be managed.

Latest posts

Back