• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mountain Man series

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have convinced me to skip this show.

I got better things to do than watch a staged mountian man show staring a deranged lunatic.

Although it has been on for awhile I just saw a comercial for it the first time a few days ago, it looked interesting so this thread caught my eye.

Another miss by the History Channel. Their programing just flat sucks. Eustice "Con Man" is the worst of the bunch. At least Dual Survival was entertaining. Think I'll go watch Charlton Heston and Brian Keith for some real entertainment.

I think Thursday night is the season finally, I'm going to watch it just to see how stupid it ends. From the previews the Alaskan guy is in trouble again with the weather and the Montanan is spraying a grizzly with his bear spray in an enclosed barn!!!!! If he is that is going to be one Pi**ed off grizzly. Nothing shown about Eustace, I guess he caught another cold and is drinking yellow root tea, relaxing in his steam bath beside the creek. While all his "pay me to work here help" is getting the chores done. But he is the CEO of Turtle Island. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reminds me of way-back-when seeing McCloud (Dennis Weaver) riding his horse in New York City!

Of course, he was trying to catch a criminal. Eustis is trying to avoid becoming one.

Outdoorman

Tally hooooo, Eustace on his trusty stead racing to the tax collector to save Turtle Island. I have to see that. :grin: :grin: I guess his buddy didn't get his truck fixed.

Well, did watch the finale....then saw what was coming next season.....Eustice and the gang are back.....Tom is off to Rondevous...Marty is having trouble again...and they're adding a new one, who looks like the poster boy for gun control proponents....just the promo made gun owners look bad.

Looks like Eustace owes about 8 years in back taxes, It is strange that the county has not foreclosed on this before now. That is prime real estate that he owns, Land is expensive in Watauga County. Boone NC is a big Tourist area.
and they're adding a new one, who looks like the poster boy for gun control proponents....just the promo made gun owners look bad.
Where did they dig this joker up,He should not be allowed to own a gun. :doh: :doh: That's Hollywood for you, to portray legitimate gun owners as some kinda crazed backwoods manic out of Deliverance. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Sent HC some feed back, we'll see what, if anything, they'll respond with. :doh:

"http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/269477/

On this forum we are discussing your "Mountain Man" series....and your channel in general.

Sorry, but I watch HC less and less as I do not enjoy the way it has become the "mountain pawn trucker ice star channel!""

I would think a man that says he loves his land and his horses would take better care of them. To me they look under weight and should be wormed. Also with so much help on the place he must have a groomer on hand,

On another site we heard from a fellow who used to work for Useless. The lien is not taxes, it was a settlement of a law suit filed after a child lost an eye to a slingshot accident there. If you freeze frame and look closely at the document he holds it is dated 2006. :haha: So Ol' Useless had to shoe his horse, cut a new trail (like he'd never gone to town before) saddle up and endanger his horses and his friend riding through heavy traffic, got lost but finally arrived with just minutes to spare to settle a law suit from six years ago. :haha: Also heard from a guy who was working there during the filming. He said the "misfire" thing was totally staged, nothing remotely like that ever happened at all and he said that Eustace would never let anyone mess with his guns, that and the blow up with Justin never happened at all.
So the gist of it is that the show's producers don't have a clue as to what they are doing. They film people going about the day to day activities of many ordinary country folk, their alien mind set cannot fathom that so they feel they need to spice things up.
In the case of Marty in Alaska and Tom in Montana those guys just do their thing and the producers with the voice over script try to make it seem they are scared of wolves and bears which they really aren't sweating but just taking routine precautions to keep bears out of their stuff. It is the cut & splice and voice over editing which makes them look like fools.
Useless however, is another story. He clearly is not only a willing participant in the deception but an enthusiastic actor. Even some of the people who enfold him in hero worship will admit that he is "all about the money" and though he talks a lot of high minded ideals he is perfectly willing to set then aside when it is to his advantage to do so. He actually lives much more comfortably than the TV program would appear, he has numerous trucks, tractors & backhoes on the property, with large gasoline & diesel fuel storage tanks. The little hydro plant only puts out 2 KW and has nothing to do with the sawmill which runs off a generator powered by a diesel tractor engine. All smoke, mirrors an :bull:
It's a shame the producers feel they have to resort to silly deception to introduce drama. I think they could just as easily have made an honest show more interesting. Having myself been a trapper, spent several winters living out in a tent or tipi and living off the land to some extent I know it is mostly a life of hard work and boring routine but even that can be of interest to people who've never done it. Look at Ol' Useless, he has city slicker suckers actually paying him for the privilege of doing his dirty, boring country chores. :haha:
So why, instead of the phony BS don't the producers show us how Marty chooses a trap site, how he makes a set and how he skins and stretches a pelt. Show us how Ol'Tom does a brain tan hide and how he makes and markets the crafts he makes form the skins and antlers. As for Useless, well, he's just Useless. :haha:

Your absolutely right Joe....with just a little thought someone could have produced a much better series than this mess. :shake: I was hoping after the last episode they would put it to bed but obviously they split the episodes (which seems to be a common thing these days) and will hit us again 4 months from now with the rest.

I haven't bothered to look at the ratings figures for this show but it can't be very good. Hopefully the ratings will drop next go around and cause it to fade away...

I have to agree with you CJ. I wish they would leave out the :bull: and just show us the everyday life. :thumbsup: Some of the things i found really funny,but the show would be better just filming their everyday life.

Yes, the best comedy is unintentional. I seldom laugh out loud at TV but I busted a gut when Ol' Useless went to grazing like a cow in his kale patch. :haha:

Marty must not be much of a trapper just to collect $4,000 in hides for the winter in Alaska. That should be prime furs :idunno: I know a guy here in Tennessee who made $7,200 one year on TN fur. :shake: I guess i will continue to watch the show when it comes back on just to see what else they can dream up.

Back