• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Montana muzzleloading season, blaze orange, camouflage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you dress like a deer(wear light brown) and walk through brush - youre gonna get scoped.
And its your fault.

You look like a deer.

I mostly hunt on the ground, with short sight planes so its not an issue for me. But I walk around a lot in brush. There is no way i would do it in a brown Carhart without blaze orange.

No blaze orange requirements in Idaho.

How has the entire population not been decimated?

I'd have thought that every hiker, fisherman and outdoor enthusiast in the state would have eaten 30-06 bullets by know.

Hmmm...

Im happy PA reduced its orange requirements.
But 35 years ago in general rifle season here, when the woods were packed with hunters - many of them bad hunters - you would have been crazy to not at least wear a hat.

And still today Im guessing your woods in Idaho are much emptier than the woods in PA or Wisconsin.

Trying to understand your remark.

You feel sorry for some dumbazz hunter that can't tell human from animal?

You're blaming the no blaze orange hunter for getting shot?
I still see pictures in my mind of the lady that was walking with a nice brown jacket hunting pheasants along the edge of a deer hunting refuge. As some deer went running out across the Prairie into the open, and a hunter tried to kill one, that brown jacket lined up just perfectly with one of those deer and we had a funeral. Call it what you want I don't care, but if you are dumb enough to hunt where rifles are being used without wearing blaze orange you are taking your own chances. Perhaps that Lady shouldn't have been hunting there, as it was during deer season but she was, and blaze orange might have saved her life. There were other ones too, but this 35 year old lady got it about 5 miles where I live, and no, I didn't know here personally.
Squint

Last edited:
I was scoped with a marlin lever gun when I was about 11 years old. I was wearing the old fassioned red and black wool checkers which actually are not that visible. Anyways an adult was scopeing me with his Marlin so I eared back the hammer on my single shot Winchester 20ga and in my best Loui Lamour voice advised him lessen you want to git yourself a belly full of buck shot you best stop pointing that rifle at me. He apologized and said he thought I was a patridge....

I still see pictures in my mind of the lady that was walking with a nice brown jacket hunting pheasants along the edge of a deer hunting refuge. As some deer went running out across the Prairie into the open, and a hunter tried to kill one, that brown jacket lined up just perfectly with one of those deer and we had a funeral. Call it what you want I don't care, but if you are dumb enough to hunt where rifles are being used without wearing blaze orange you are taking your own chances. Perhaps that Lady shouldn't have been hunting there, as it was during deer season but she was, and blaze orange might have saved her life. There were other ones too, but this 35 year old lady got it about 5 miles where I live, and no, I didn't know here personally.
Squint
Of course, I'm taking a chance with MY life.

What do you think I've been talking about.

The Nanny State should remove all the dribble bibs and pacifiers and training wheels and let grown azz men make decisions for themselves.

You know, LAND OF THE FREE.

How about some Blaze Orange Bubble Wrap. Can't have too much protection.

Of course, I'm taking a chance with MY life.

What do you think I've been talking about.

The Nanny State should remove all the dribble bibs and pacifiers and training wheels and let grown azz men make decisions for themselves.

You know, LAND OF THE FREE.

How about some Blaze Orange Bubble Wrap. Can't have too much protection.
Please don't hunt where I do, I hate to have to be the one to make the call to 911 and tell them that we need an ambulance or maybe a hearse.

There have been those in Colorado who have argued against the orange requirement because they want to hunt in a reenactment scenario. But we traditional hunters are very much a minority during the Colorado season. It's mostly modern equipment being used and those ranks are heavily infiltrated with the sniper mentality so there's good reason to wear orange.

I'm not opposed to @64Springer s libertarian approach but it ain’t gonna happen. Individual self responsibility has waned and been replaced by a reliance on the wisdom of government.

gamehide has a bunch of blaze camo. coats, jackets , vests , suits ect. some good stuff and fair prices

I wear this Gamehide blaze camo parka in the PA rifle and flintlock season (Nov., Dec., and Jan.) It's nice and warm and has kept me dry. The hood is removable for those who don't like hoods. The reason I went with blaze camo was so I don't look like a big, light-colored blob.

Given the "if it's brown it's down" mentality too many hunters seem to have, it's foolish IMO not to wear blaze orange during deer season. I'm so glad that I now am able to hunt on private land and not on public land. Far fewer idiots to deal with.

Latest posts

Back