• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Modified a new bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyWhiskers

69 Cal.
Reaction score
The missus gave me a new bag after hitting the 1/2 century mark. :hmm: It was from October Country and I thought it was well built but looked a bit too store-bought. The flap was big and round so I cut it into a beaver-tail and sewed a border around it. I had to switch the straps so I could wear the bag on my right side and have the laces on the back. Then I sewed a short-starter pouch on the front strap.

I perforated my left index finger a couple times while sewing. The blood stains make it look all the more broke in. :redface:
bagmod002.jpg
[/img]

that's certainly a fine looking bag.

I think that it's almost required for those involved in our sport to make and/or customize their own gear

Grey whiskers:

Nice job on the bag and congrats on the 50 years.

snagg

If you will thin down the sides of the ball on the ball starter It will ride more comfortably and stay in the pouch better. :thumbsup:

Very nice. I like the beaver tail shape the best, don't know why. It is definately my favorite. Very nice work! :bow:

I've left many a blood stain on my work. :shake:

Nice work. :thumbsup: I should consider myself lucky to have a sewing machine that can handle leather like that. I don't need to worry about perforating my fingers as often.

And remember, it's not a project until you bleed on it.

Frost

Nice bag, :bow: as for the finger, I have some liquid bandages that will fix them right up!! Maybe one or two of them will find there way down that fifty year old throat, and make it feel a year or two younger. :hmm:

Back