• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missouri Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the rear sight skewed on or is there a dove tale?
I am pretty sure the rear sight for the Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken is dovetailed, but it has a long base and is adjustable,. I've discovered that the CVA Missouri was issued as a "Hunter" model and a "Ranger" model. It appears one had a simple, fixed rear sight dovetailed in place, and the other had an adjustable rear sight that was visually similar to the T/C rear sight. I'm not sure which was which. I believe the "Ranger" version was lighter in weight. These were not in production very long, I understand for just for a few years in the 1990's.

Notchy Bob

This Missouri Hawken has fiberoptic sights on it,, the seller said that they are the original sights that came with the rifle,does that sound right to you guys?
Are you sure that it’s not the Traditional Hawken Rifle?

Really if you get a good shooter, then 300 is a buy. Pretty cheap for a functioning rifle.

Betcha there is someone to coach you on posting pictures or able to do it for you. Congrats on your adoption. Look forward to hopefully see photos of your new to you rifle.

I would think being made in Italy it is metric unless it has been altered/modified for other sights. You won't know for sure until you have it in hand.

Latest posts

Back