• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Minnie Ball Stuck 1861 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A drill bit is the way I’d go if other methods don’t work.
Something like a 14mm bit affixed to a rod with a muzzle protector to keep it centred in the bore. Pour a bit of oil in the barrel first to help the drilling. Put the other end of the rod in an electric drill and it shouldn’t take much time to bore through the minie ball. Let the drill bit do the cutting so don’t push very hard on the rod or you may shove it deeper
Other way : cut the barrel under the bullet, extract the bullet and re-weld the barrel, that will work too... 😄😄

Have you gotten it out yet? If so, what method did you use?

Get a long grease zerk and use a grease gun. If you use a Ball puller you might end up with a hole through the bullet. If that happens you can't use the grease gun. The grease gun always works.

Attachments

• 20210424_114200.jpg
    20210424_114200.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 63
I am with Pork Chop on this on!
I have not had very much luck with a bullet puller. I have used a grease gun to push out bullet. Not just from muzzle loaders but center fire rifles as well. On a muzzle loader it very simple. get a grease fitting the correct thread size, screw it in and pump it out. This work really great to remove live stuck rounds from and AR. Best of luck! PS: I would not put anything down the barrel that is harder than the barrel. You do not want to do any damage to your rifle!
JC

Is there any small water pumps that can reach high pressure. Water does not compress and there would be less clean up.

With the tank volume on an every day garden variety air compressor I suppose that a long enough line filled with water going to the threaded nipple hole should suffice.

Ball puller arrived today. So far, nothing. I thought I got it stuck for a minute but more pulling resulted in the ball puller with no ball attached to it. Im a little bit scared to keep trying with the puller. I don't want to get that stuck in there too.

Last edited:
Sorry for your troubles, Winters, but this has been so entertaining and your last post regarding the puller did indeed make me laugh out loud! I've never had to use a grease gun, but with so many experts recommending it that would be my choice.

Back to my armchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back