• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mini Cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdub

32 Cal
Reaction score
My brother gave me this cannon. I've looked on the wed but haven't found any info. I'm currently in the process of stripping and restoring it from many layers of paint. Some rust as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
PXL_20230820_235642248.jpg
PXL_20230820_235626333.jpg
PXL_20230817_004541226.jpg

Since you do not mention any markings on the cannon or carriage, I will take a guess that it was a mechanic's fun project of making his own cannon. I think it looks nice. If I am correct the builder has possibly passed away and would be happy that you are taking care of the his work project, as there was time spent in building. Good luck with your new to you cannon. You must also have a nice brother.

13/16th is a .812 bore. Big bore. Balls available?

Someone just drill it out with a common bit size. Too made you don't know the quality of the steel.

What is the breech wall thickness? If it's less than .300, I's stand back a ways after lighting the fuse.

Film it.

Looks to be .750 ? I'll have to get exact measurements for a accurate response. Honestly it seems very well made but that's about all I can tell from a visual inspection. I was thinking about maybe 50 or 75 grain and obviously I'd be behind a berm for protection as I not only value my life but also all my parts as well.

Back