• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mimie balls in smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cynthia, develope a two ball load.
I do it in my .45".

Powder, thin card, wet leather wad X2, ball, another wet leather wad, ball and a card on top.
Good beyond 40yards.

B.

Britsmoothy said:
I do it in my .45".

Powder, thin card, wet leather wad X2, ball, another wet leather wad, ball and a card on top.
Good beyond 40yards.

B.
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure this is specifically against the hunting regs of the state of Washington.

Cynthialee said:
Britsmoothy said:
I do it in my .45".

Good beyond 40yards.

B.
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure this is specifically against the hunting regs of the state of Washington.
Oh, dunno then :doh:

Clyde:
"for $12.00 you could buy a box of Brenneke slugs and dismantle them removing the plastic base."

Brenneke slugs are pretty much solid cylinders of lead. The older ones originally had a card wad column fastened to the slug's base with a wood screw. The attached wads provided the drag necessary for them to fly nose forward. Remove the wad and they tumble when fired from a smooth bore.

Never shot them out of a smoothbore muzzleloader, but have shot them out of my smoothbore Egyptian Snider and they do very well out to about 30 - 40 yards, never had them tumble. Don't know if firing them from a cartridge makes a difference or not, all I know is they work great out to those distances. I don't have a range where I can shoot them much farther so don't know what they would do.

Latest posts

Back