• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mid Tennessee 8 point down...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I said I wasn’t gonna shoot another 8 point.....

But he was headed straight to the Neighbors property line and there were Guys sitting in the truck eating lunch over there....

So rather than him interrupting their lunch, I took care of the problem.

I caught him locked down in a thicket with a doe at high noon today.

0F7EDFFD-2FE2-4644-8E0E-EE94887F1C0A.jpeg

6B253246-D5E9-4CC8-AD33-01294BD62DF9.jpeg

Wow. They've been dancing around me just out of range, and with this heat wave I haven't seen much movement in the last few days, but I've only been out in the morning. You've motivated me to get cracking......

Very nice!

(BTW, that looks exactly like my Kubota. L3200)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, the gun is a Tip Curtis .54 shooting a home spun .530 roundball with 70 grains of fffg Goex.

Thanks Bob, stay after em’ !

The tractor is a L3400. Tuff Machine.

Killing a buck like that with a traditional muzzleloader is really special. I hope you have been sure to send a picture to everybody who ever gave you grief about using a flintlock for hunting over unmentionables and modern firearms.

I know when I shot my nice buck here in GA (not as nice as that one, however) with a Hawken rifle last weekend, I made sure to send a picture to everybody who gave me a hard time about using an open-sighted muzzleloader over a .300 whatever magnum, with a 1- 200 power Pukenhizer, 70mm scope with a built-in Intel Processor to automatically adjust your bullet impact from 1-6,000 yards.

I also sent a picture to my friend who hunts the entire rifle season with a bow he carved in his workshop from a yew tree, using cedar arrows he makes himself. I was a little bit more contrite in describing the kill to him! :ghostly:

SMO....excellent buck! My hearty congratulations! I had just sent you a PM on something else and hadn't looked at the Hunting Forum yet today. You probably get more than one down there in TN, so my wish for a successful hunt (another one) is still inforce!

Last edited:
Good job! That is a nice one. Tomorrow our Indiana gun season comes in. Today I went squirrel hunting, but didn't see a single squirrel and saw a 10 point buck! Tomorrow the Lord willing I'll go deer hunting and probably just see squirrels. :rolleyes:

Dang but that's a nice buck! I like it when they decide to cooperate with me & gun. I like that rifle! Any deer with a flintlock is a trophy, but that guy's a trophy from the ground up!

Latest posts

Back