• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Markwell (?) .44 "Kentucky Rifle"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SPF Going by others for sale, this is a .44 Markwell Kentucky style rifle. Possibly built from a kit, but my first muzzleloading rifle back in 72 was one of these off the rack. It has a 35" barrel with 1:60ish twist and a bright shiny bore. Stocks in good shape with only minor handling marks. LOP is 13.25". Weighs 7.7 lbs. Mine shot pretty well for a relatively inexpensive rifle. $250 + Shipping.

20231219_161822.jpg
20231219_162530.jpg
20231219_162538.jpg
20231219_162444.jpg
20231219_162432.jpg
20231219_162833.jpg
20231219_162825.jpg
20231219_162422.jpg
20231219_162413.jpg
20231219_161702.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: The missing screw in patchbox was for a missing tension spring that held patchbox closed. Price Reduced to reflect this.

I had a flintlock one of these when I was a sprout!!
I recently found one at a local gunshow that was flint AND had a custom .36 barrel, of all things
I bought it and someone then bought it from me at a modest profit. I figured it was worth it since it was pouring rain and a long walk to truck.

Last edited:
What's up with the patch box? It flip open or what without the spring. Seems like a really good buy. I'm thinking the patch box issue may be why it's still here. Likely a track driver as most of that ere were. How did yours shoot as a boy?

What's up with the patch box? It flip open or what without the spring. Seems like a really good buy. I'm thinking the patch box issue may be why it's still here. Likely a track driver as most of that ere were. How did yours shoot as a boy?
I'm pretty sure it is a simple flat spring set up, but don't know what it should look like. And yeah, the patchbox just flops open. The one I had (72-75) shot pretty well. IIRC, accuracy was minute of beer can from rest at 50 yards. We did all of our shooting on a powerline where people dumped all kinds of fun stuff to shoot up.

I bet if you took it out as an adult on paper it would shock you. Kids just like to shoot things. My son in law still in that mind set. First time we went shooting he did nothing but hip shoot 12 ga and shoot at cans and boxes. He's shots people sized targets now but like 7 yards?

Somebody buy this. Last thing I need but that darn little voice.,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back