• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Marbles bullseye sight on my crockett 32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I love my little crockett .32 and got my limit severa times this squirrel season. The sights in my opinion can be improved.i like the idea of a peep i found the Marbles bullseye for 19.99 ill have to fit it to my dovetail but figured if this dont work ill get a skinner low profile sight. The marbles is height and windage adjustable. You will have to drift the sight for windage. 15 grains of pyrodex p .015 patch .310 ball took about 40 squirrels since season started in october

I use that Marble's sight on 3 of my rifles. It's blued steel, inexpensive, and American made. I like them.

Added a Marbles to my GPR. Mostly liked it but thought the inner ring was too thin. Ended up press fitting a small SS tube I got from McMaster Carr and then blackening the tube with heat. Like it a lot better now with a .110" ID.
20201125_162039.jpg

20201125_162056.jpg

That didnt go right!! i just am not mechanical at all. i started filing on the sight to get it to fit mine was way over sized so alot of metal had to come off, i got the dremel after it made it way worse boogered up my dovetail on the rifle trying to pound the marbles sight in. im frustrated so i just stop i imagine ill order another one or go with a skinner sight i knew i should have taken it to the gunsmith but i wanted to try and do it myself now the origional sight wont even fit, m maybe i should have waited until this afternoon when i woke up got off work at 7am so figured it would be no problem sight 1- howie 0

That didnt go right!! i just am not mechanical at all. i started filing on the sight to get it to fit mine was way over sized so alot of metal had to come off, i got the dremel after it made it way worse boogered up my dovetail on the rifle trying to pound the marbles sight in. im frustrated so i just stop i imagine ill order another one or go with a skinner sight i knew i should have taken it to the gunsmith but i wanted to try and do it myself now the origional sight wont even fit, m maybe i should have waited until this afternoon when i woke up got off work at 7am so figured it would be no problem sight 1- howie 0
Hate it for you, though most of us have been there..... Best to stop and rethink things. Put the Dremel away. Find or make yourself a small triangular file with a safe side. Then carefully work the sight base, leaving the dovetail in the barrel alone. Once the sight starts to fit you can always bump the dovetail with a socket if things are a bit looser than you like.

for now i got the origional sight is back in im gonna send the barrel to skinner sights and they are gonna install one of thier adjust peeps that fits the dovetail it will be windage and elevation adjustable

I made the jump and picked up a "safe" triangular sight file from Dawson Precision (a TEXAS company)
One of the best investments I have ever made. You can do it yourself. I have free-hand cut dovetails in several old TC rifles with the screw secured sights. When fitting a sight - take your time. Just a little at a time, then try it on both sides of the dovetail cut in the gun. It may seem a lot of time, but it really isn't. Having a small vice to help hold things is also a big plus.
I have several of the Marbles bullseyes and I also took a jump out of period and mounted one on Skinners peeps on my Frontier. The skinner is an excellent fully adjustable sight. I now shoot my Frontier out to 200 yards.

Added a Marbles to my GPR. Mostly liked it but thought the inner ring was too thin. Ended up press fitting a small SS tube I got from McMaster Carr and then blackening the tube with heat. Like it a lot better now with a .110" ID.
View attachment 62452
View attachment 62453
really like the looks of the sight, what for front sight are you using. think might try 1 of those on my crockett

Griz44mag: Is the safe triangular file having one side that has no teeth .... meaning one side is smooth ?? That would be a great file to own.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Back