• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mallee burl handle scandi knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windwalker_au

50 Cal.
Reaction score
got a frosts mora kliper blade and fitted it to the mallee root burl handle the sheath is made from camel leather.
Bernie :thumbsup:
101_2016.jpg

101_2017.jpg

101_2020.jpg

101_2022.jpg

jim i spent a half a day just polishing it with 800 to 1000 wet and dry then 6 coats of boiled linseed rub in by hand.
bernie :thumbsup:

Nice wood! We usually have to settle for stabilized red and brown mallee burl over here in the States.

Nice knife. :thumbsup: Is that what they call a Puukkou? My dad had one of those with a wooden sheath. I guess in Finland you learn at an early age not to touch the edge. They have no guards. I like my Rapala fillet knives. :wink:

I was looking at a site with Scandi blades and axes and such. Ragnar's Ragweed forge.

Back