• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lyman 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you know anything about these guns? I didn't even know lyman made revolvers.
Old Charlie

Lyman had Perc. Revs. years ago I think they were Ubertis.
The High Standards were neat also. They were about the
same time. The High Standards were made by Uberti, in a
North & South versions Colts, Leech&Rigdon Etc.
I think this goes back about 30 yrs. but my memory is not
that good. I saw a High Standard on Gun Brokers today
it was a L&R.

Redwing :redthumb:

Charlie,sorry I got off your question. The Lymans were
Mdls..44 New Army and .36 New Mdl. Navy. The price
in 1973 was $96.95 .44 $94.95 .36.-Colt Army $89.95.
Others were Jana,Potomic,Centennial,Replica,Mars Equipt.
Hawes,The Armory, Navy Arms,Century, F.I.E.,CVA,Valor
Gold Rush,American Import,High Standard. And the list
goes on. These were some of the names on Perc.Revs.
imported over the years.
Some of these were real nice some were junk. The FIE
stuff was bad. Lymans were very nice, and of course
the Navy arms were outstanding. As were the H\S.

Redwing :redthumb:

Thanks for the info! I had saw one on action Arms and was thinking about biding on it. But yesterday while checking my bank statement on the net. I found I had just been billed for a Walker I ordered months ago and had given up on ever getting! When I ordered it the guy at S&S said it would be about two weeks it has been many months! So my gun buying funds are used up for the time being.
Old Charlie

Back