• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

looking for Gravy & Bisquites receipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charley,

It is real easy to get that rib sticking stuff you love, and me too!

I use Tennessee Pride or any other sausage.

Fry the sausage in a pan and break it up as much as possible. Just leave the grease in the pan, and pour in whole milk. Add all purpose flour until you get the right thickness you desire, and add salt and pepper to taste.

I really like to use the spicy hot sausage :thumbsup:

The Pillsbury ready to bake biscuits are great with this application!

Some folks use cream instead of milk, so try that too!

The best biscuits and gravy I have had were made by my best friend Charley. Now Charley was a club manager in the Army and he used hamburger meat instead of sausage. He would pepper the heck out of it, and boy was it great :thumbsup:

There is a good buttermilk biscuit recipe down in the recipe section.

I make mine pretty much the way listed above..I add a can of evaporated milk and then the rest is regular milk. Sometimes I add a bit of crumbled bacon as well. If you use hamburger a bit of poultry seasoning is pretty good...I actually add that to my sausage gravy as well. There is no set recipe for the gravy as you can see :haha: :haha: but it wont take long before you have your own recipe worked out :winking:

Charly:

Most often, the sausage used in the US is "breakfast sausage," which has sage (salbei) added (the previously mentioned poultry seasoning).

American biscuits are different than most Deutche brot. However, I think that you can find some simple biscuit recipes online or, as previously mentioned, here on the forum.

Let us know how things work out!! :v

After you've cooked the sausage remove it from the pan and set it aside. Then add enough flower until most of the oil is absorbed, brown (lite brown, gets rid of the raw flour taste) flower (just like making a roux) then add as much milk as you think it will take, then add some more. Stir until gravy is almost as thick as you want it then return meat to the pan. I almost guarantee no lumps. If your sausage is too lean you may have to add some more oil before you add the flour.

Try making your biscuits with bisquick and beer, you'll be surprised. Later on when you have more experience you can make em from scratch.

MuleBrain,
My wife makes hamburger gravy(that I
think is great) and we serve it over mashed
potatos, but it would be great over biscuits
or toast or[url] whatever.Made[/url] just about the same
as sausage gravy. GREAT EATS!
snake-eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
I would ask the wife, but she wouldn't have a clue as to the recipe, and she makes the best B&G ever, bar none. In fact, she is one great cook, but she just wings it with a tad of that and a pinch of this, etc.

Hi !

get your wife to writeall the > a little of this< and > al little of that< down !
She should put the > a little of this< and
> a little of that < into measurements like Teaspoon, spoon or cup and so on.
I am shure, I can handle the recipe than.

by the way : I tryed every recipe wich was given to me here - an each and everyone is great !!!

Yes - you are rigth .
Bisquits are different to german bread - but not less worth !
It is a kind of bread , created by " having nothing" , wich was often that way to all early seddlers.
But their Innovative sense createt a delicius thing at all !
Deutsch Brot and American Bisquits are things that man should have once in life !

OK, followed the link, science fi is not my bag, but thanks anyway.

Once an adage acronym goes mainstream in the public domain, it is not too amazing that it is often used without knowing it's source.

Ok here is my favorite....

12 gophers fried, boned
1 pound of sausage fried and chunked
add gopher meat to your gravy
then add yous sausage to the gravy
season with pepper, salt, and a dash of either red pepper or a half dash of cayane pepper.

Simmer for 45 min. and serve hot over your biscutts or corn doggers.

serves about 4 hungry trappers.

enjoy

Blackfoot said:
...add gopher meat to your gravy...

You're kiddin, right? I've ate lotsa stuff-don't know as how I've ever been hungry enough ta eat a gopher.

Just cut their feet off and take 'em ta Viola

~Riley

Gopher gravy arn't bad, one just hangs em by the neck from a rafter over the table. After a few days, punch a hole in dar inards and use the drippens fer soppens wit der biskits. :rotf:

Riley/MN said:
Blackfoot said:
...add gopher meat to your gravy...

You're kiddin, right? I've ate lotsa stuff-don't know as how I've ever been hungry enough ta eat a gopher.

Just cut their feet off and take 'em ta Viola

~Riley

Nope, It's quite good!
Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Back