• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a PC round ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediclimber

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Once upon a time many years ago I had a brass ball mold with a built in sprue cutter that, as far as I could tell was pretty near period correct for the fur trade. I think I got it from Dixie, but cann't be sure. Where can I get one now in .490 size?

I've been looking for a similar mould and come up dry so far. Dixie now makes their brass bag moulds in very small sizes these days. I was lucky enough to get one in .610 about 8-10 years ago and still have it. If your not hard over for brass, Rapine has some good steel moulds in just about any size you may need. :hatsoff:

I second the Rapine bag mold for being correct period style , but steel, mold. They come in any size you want. I have a .490 from Rapine and am about to order a .595, once I settle for myself that is what works best in my fusil. Hmmmm, I also need a .530....

The old Dixie brass bag mould was a good shape, but the use of brass was not actually correct according to some people. Those moulds heated quickly and threw a ball that looked like a turnip with deep grooves in them -- at least mine did.

Rapine is the best known source of a steel bag mould. He has no website at the moment, but can be called at: (215) 679-5413

CS

Latest posts

Back