• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Longhunter Pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this Longhunter pouch for a friend, made from 10 oz. oil tanned bison, woven strap to his colors, steel buckle and pewter button, double pocket on inner back panel of the pouch and a large pocket on outer back panel, hand sewn with waxed saddlers thread, come on guys, winters coming, time to get busy and get the round tuit projects going!

jb.jpg

jb3.jpg

jb1.jpg

Wowie! TEN OZ bison!! That thing will last a thousand years. When you say "woven strap to his colors" do you mean you actually wove the strap? That's some beautiful work.

Very nice looking pouch. You did a great job on it. I wish that I had a pouch that nice.

Fred, the strap was woven by another friend of mine, weaving is his claim to fame and niche in the ML community!

Whoah! Ten oz, buffalo.

You're a better man than me Gunga Din. I've built a couple of camera bags from 8 oz veg tanned cow, and they were a royal bugger to turn and work soft.

That's a good looking bag. How did you like working with that oil tan? I've got a bag cut out now from 4 oz oil tanned cow and I'm thinking I will like the results, but haven't started sewing yet. Any special tips?

Bear, Id much rather work with oil tan cow or buff than veg tan for bags, easier to work with, sews nicer and isn't a booger to turn, Ill keep the veg tan for sheaths and such, no special tips, work and process as you would any other leather project, post some pics of the bag when your done, like to see it, good luck! Beav

Back