• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lonesome Dove Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaxspore

32 Cal
Reaction score
Bought this a few months back. It costs bit more than your standard Uberti Walker + ($100-150), but as you can see its beautifully finished by Cimarron, Charcoal Blue, beautiful hard wood grips, cylinder is in the white (as it was historically) and properly marked. Case coloring is impressive as well. Fired around 4 cylinders through it after these pictures were taken. The 3rd party SLIXshot's nipples did a excellent job of ignition using Remington #11 caps. Not one miss fire. Used .454 ball with 50 grains of 3F Black Powder.

If you haven't ever shot a Walker, you need to you. Its a very unique and one of a kind experience. Enjoy the pictures.

dsc_0476-jpg.4113532

dsc_0479-jpg.4113536

dsc_0481-jpg.4113537

dsc_0485-jpg.4113539

dsc_0487-jpg.4113541
dsc_0499-jpg.4113542
dsc_0503-jpg.4113543

I am not apposed to doing it, i just have not heard it done or have done it. IF you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Bought this a few months back. It costs bit more than your standard Uberti Walker + ($100-150), but as you can see its beautifully finished by Cimarron, Charcoal Blue, beautiful hard wood grips, cylinder is in the white (as it was historically) and properly marked. Case coloring is impressive as well. Fired around 4 cylinders through it after these pictures were taken. The 3rd party SLIXshot's nipples did a excellent job of ignition using Remington #11 caps. Not one miss fire. Used .454 ball with 50 grains of 3F Black Powder.

If you haven't ever shot a Walker, you need to you. Its a very unique and one of a kind experience. Enjoy the pictures.

dsc_0476-jpg.4113532

dsc_0479-jpg.4113536

dsc_0481-jpg.4113537

dsc_0485-jpg.4113539

dsc_0487-jpg.4113541
dsc_0499-jpg.4113542
dsc_0503-jpg.4113543
Mighty puuuuuuuuuuuuuurty gun you have there ! Does the loading lever stay up when you fire it ? The Uberti I have does so far.
I do wish we could get these folks who make or distribute these fine weapons to stop stamping there advertisement all over them.
I'm wanting to put a loading lever catch on the front of my Uberti Walker and cut a dovetail and install a new front blade but I hate like crazy to change the original profile which it certainly will.
I don't know I may just leave it alone and shoot it for a spell until I can't stand it printing high or if the lever ever starts flopping down when firing.
The trouble with mine is the spring to hold the lever is so stiff to keep it in place under recoil that it's very hard to grasp and pull down for loading. I'll make an antler wedge for that job though that should work pretty well and not scrub the blue .
Thank you for posting the very fine pictures of a great looking gun and may it function flawlessly for you from now on.
I totally agree about trying one out as they certainly make a different report than does any of my other revolvers when firing. The Walkers remind me of the uniquely individual sound a Harley Davidson motor cycle makes !

Last edited:
Mighty puuuuuuuuuuuuuurty gun you have there ! Does the loading lever stay up when you fire it ?

Sadly no, it goes down after 2 or 3 shots. To me its part of the experience ... the walker experience. The most reliable percussion wheel gun for me is the good ol Remington Army.. thats just runs. The cool factor for the Walker and the lines of the 1851 & 1860 can't be beat though.

I am not apposed to doing it, i just have not heard it done or have done it. IF you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Search "short arbor fix". I've explained ( with pics) how to make and fit an excellent spacer. I'm not Mr. Tech so . . . (otherwise I'd put up a link)

Mike

Last edited:
Sadly no, it goes down after 2 or 3 shots. To me its part of the experience ... the walker experience. The most reliable percussion wheel gun for me is the good ol Remington Army.. thats just runs. The cool factor for the Walker and the lines of the 1851 & 1860 can't be beat though.
Yeah, my go to target pistol is a worked over 58 Rem Pietta but I have a tuned up 60 and new 51 with the arbor end fit and trigger job but as of yet still un-fired.
I've owned the Walker less time but after fitting the arbor end and giving it a trigger job I just had to shoot the thing.
Are you thinking of a holster for it? I think I'm just going to make one for myself in cross draw style.
I've got a lot of percussion revolver shooting to get done soon as the cold breaks and it warms up some. It was -9 F this AM when I got up! Such is life in AK .

dsc_0476-jpg.4113532

dsc_0479-jpg.4113536

dsc_0481-jpg.4113537

dsc_0485-jpg.4113539

dsc_0487-jpg.4113541
dsc_0499-jpg.4113542
dsc_0503-jpg.4113543
Very nice pistol!!

Back