• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading blocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian Reynolds

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I had some off-cuts of wood in the workshop (I'm a woodcarver, amongst other things!) that needed to be made into something, so I thought I would try making my first blocks. As things progressed, they ended up getting fancier and fancier. I'm not sure how well the fancy ones work, as I've not had the time to try them out yet......
ballblocks1.jpg

ballblocks3.jpg

I really like those, espesially the fancy ones. The crecent ones are cool too. Never seen one like that. I always like it when I see somebody do something different from what everybody else has got. Very nice !

Cheers guys,

I figured the 4-leaf clover might bring me a bit of good luck in hitting my target.....

The other round one is an 'English' rose. The oak leaf one is actually made from oak. The crescent ones are based on 'gorgets' the badge of rank worn round the neck of officers and NCOs in the 18thC.

Nice work. I use "loading block necklasses" when deer hunting. I make the thong just the right length to fit over the deer rifle muzzle for quick reloading. :idunno:

Nice work! I made some loading blocks many years ago of simple pine, made like a spatula shape with six holes for .45 and for .54. "Handle" of the "spatula" held a leather thong. Bulkier than your very nice work and very plain. I really like loading blocks. Found that pine had a tendency to absorb the patch lube if kept 'loaded' for more than a few weeks.

I love the rose one, being an honorary Yorshireman I'd love to make a Yorkshire rose loading block.

Back