• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Lee Pro-4 20# bottom pour

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griz44Mag

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Do you have a used but fully functional pot you would like to sell?
I need to add another pot to my lineup, and if someone has a used one they are not using I would like to offer to buy it from them.
Used is great but no dogs please - has to be fully functional and ready to work hard.

Midway has them on sale for $85.
Yes, I know. I have found them as low as $78.00. It's not a price or availability issue.
Since we have so many Lee Bottom Pour haters here I figured one of them would have a pot they bought but decided not to use, and that would help them get rid of something they do not want and do not use. The thread that is running about pots and which ones folks like the most seems to have a lot of X-Lee users, so there must be some unused pots out there.
If not, I'll order a new one.

Yes ..I read the Lee/pot haters stuff from time to time ..had a forum member start a hate thread so I offered him $50 in a private email so as not to embarrass him ....
No reply to the PM nor did he participate any further in his own thread that he started
I wasn't looking to shame him as I really was looking for another pot and I did the query in a PM and not a post ..

I am convinced a large portion of the guys with bottom pour pot problems commit one, some or all 4 of the Cardinal sins
1. they process junk lead in a bottom pour production pot which should be done in a standard pot and not a production pot
2. they let the lead level get below 50% when casting
3. they don't leave 50% (clean) lead level in the pot when shutting down
4. they don't do a side wall and dross scrape often enough during production

I would also give an odds bet that Lee sells more pots than all the other brands together ..so when you have guys across the board doing some of the sins above ..it would be natural that Lee takes more "heat' because they own the lions share of the market

the above and 50 cents won't get you a cup of coffee but I'll stick by it

Bear

Yes ..I read the Lee/pot haters stuff from time to time ..had a forum member start a hate thread so I offered him $50 in a private email so as not to embarrass him ....
No reply to the PM nor did he participate any further in his own thread that he started
I wasn't looking to shame him as I really was looking for another pot and I did the query in a PM and not a post ..

I am convinced a large portion of the guys with bottom pour pot problems commit one, some or all 4 of the Cardinal sins
:thumb: 1. they process junk lead in a bottom pour production pot which should be done in a standard pot and not a production pot
:thumb: 2. they let the lead level get below 50% when casting
:thumb: 3. they don't leave 50% (clean) lead level in the pot when shutting down
:thumb: 4. they don't do a side wall and dross scrape often enough during production

I would also give an odds bet that Lee sells more pots than all the other brands together ..so when you have guys across the board doing some of the sins above ..it would be natural that Lee takes more "heat' because they own the lions share of the market

the above and 50 cents won't get you a cup of coffee but I'll stick by it

Bear
SPOT ON! Any tool that gets used in a manner not recommended by it's maker has the potential of not performing as it was designed to do.

I get great service from my Lee pots, and have for 30 years now.
No repairs, no failures, no issues.
And I use them - a lot.
In the last 6 months I have cast more than 6,000 pieces (conical, modern style bullets, Minnies, REALS, roundballs and fishing sinkers. Many of those for members here on the forum.
I poured 6 little tin soldiers (from pure tin) in 3 antique molds from the 40's that a collector brought for me to use (He was updating his battlefield display)
All from those horrible Lee Pots.

And so far - not a single response from someone who wants to get rid of the one they bought but claim to hate.....
I am still looking for one, so after this Christmas season has past into history and done and gone, I'll order another pot.

In the meantime - ALL - if you have one you want to not have anymore - please PM me.

I love my Lee Bottom Pour pot. I use it strictly for bismuth tin ingots and round ball molds. I am going to purchase another for lead melting so there is no cross contamination. I have no problems with them. Follow the instructions and they work great.

I love my Lee Bottom Pour pot. I use it strictly for bismuth tin ingots and round ball molds. I am going to purchase another for lead melting so there is no cross contamination. I have no problems with them. Follow the instructions and they work great.
Figures.....
All I hear is negative-negative-negative - until I ask folks to sell their unwanted pot to me - then all I hear is GREAT POT!!!! I LOVE MINE!!!!
What happened to all those Lee detrimentors????? I want your pot!
LOL - sometimes a guy just can't win..... :dunno:

OK - closing this one out.
Nobody has a Lee pot that they hate so much they are willing to sell it!
That speaks LOUDLY to me about what the majority of folks really think about their Lee lead melter!
I placed an order for a new pot and it should be here in a few days, holidays withstanding.
I also received notice yesterday that 3 of the molds I have been waiting on for quite some time now have come back into stock - so new tools are on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back