• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leather shot pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon4

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey fella's,
Just picked up a small leather shot flask (pouch)from a friend. Sorry I can't show a photo. it's about 7" long,3' wide, 1/2 ' thick. the top has a brass spring loaded device that allows a certain amount of shot to be dispenced and keep the rest of the shot contained. The leather shot bag is marked LONDON with a embosed shield with a lion on one side of the shield and a Unicorn on the other. A metal ring is located at the bottom of the bag, I assume to allow it to be carried with the brass dispenser positioned towards the ground. It looks to be very old and the stiching on the leather bag has been repaired.
The only other markings on the top of the pouch is 1B and the number 3.
I think it most likely an old original shotgun leather shot pouch made in London England. Any one know much about them. How old? Any value?
Thank ya kindly
Deacon

Sounds like and English Shot Pouch as compared to the Irish Shot Pouch with has a removable measure. There have been and still are several on E-Bay and a couple of the Auction sites. Price wise they have run from $10 to over $100 most in the $30 to $40 dollar range depending on condition and maker.
Does yours have numbers on the spout like 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 or similar if so these are the weights of shot dropped. Different guages of course use different spouts. The 3 on yours could be that it is a 3lb pouch. Hope some of this helps.
Now go to TOW for pictures they have both types and run less than $60.
Fox :thumbsup:

Back