• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lead, you say?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A friend of mine, a local gunsmith, passed away several weeks ago. Family & friends have been steadily working their way through the mountains (no joke!) of "stuff" he had amassed over the past 60 years. This was his lead stash. His wife was going to sell it to the scrapyard, thankfully I was able to intervene. I would like to sell as much of this as possible face to face, local pick up, in Jamestown, NY, about 60 miles south of Buffalo. The lead pipe totals about 480 lbs. I haven't weighed the clip-on wheel weight ingots yet but I'm guessing 300 lbs. I'll weigh them up as soon as my back will allow it. There are two buckets of grinding wheel centers, such as the one in the foreground lying on it's side.

I'm asking $1/ pound for the lead, PM me if you are interested in some or all of it. Remember, it's local pick up only.

Attachments

• P1020301.JPG
    P1020301.JPG
    608.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P1020302.JPG
    P1020302.JPG
    631 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020303.JPG
    P1020303.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 0
I'd like to get some lead pipe from you. I know you want only face to face, but putting it in a USPS Flat Rate box should be quick and easy. If you decide to ship, please get back to me.

Read the classified guidelines and please conform or your ad will be deleted.
Nit Wit

Now, I'm not against shipping, I've shipped my share of lead lead in my lifetime. The thing is, the guys on the Cast Boolits site told me that they'd prefer to have the metal in it's original condition, not melted into ingots. I haven't listed this metal for sale over there because I wanted to offer it to the ML community first, in consideration of the large amount of pure lead involved. If you fellows don't want the clip-on wheel weights I'll sell those over there. It took me 2 hours yesterday to hammer50 lbs. of pipe flat enough to get it into a MFRB. I also had to pack and unpack it twice in order to make it fit. There's still a LOT of lead waiting in the wings. Considering that, casting into ingots isn't exactly an attractive thought either. Would you guys be OK with leaving the pipe as-is and just cutting it to fit a flat rate box? I can get 38-40 lbs. into a MFRB, 50-60 into a LFRB. I would need $1.10/lb. plus shipping if I'm shipping it. I welcome your input.

Last edited:
A friend of mine, a local gunsmith, passed away several weeks ago. Family & friends have been steadily working their way through the mountains (no joke!) of "stuff" he had amassed over the past 60 years. This was his lead stash. His wife was going to sell it to the scrapyard, thankfully I was able to intervene. I would like to sell as much of this as possible face to face, local pick up, in Jamestown, NY, about 60 miles south of Buffalo. The lead pipe totals about 480 lbs. I haven't weighed the clip-on wheel weight ingots yet but I'm guessing 300 lbs. I'll weigh them up as soon as my back will allow it. There are two buckets of grinding wheel centers, such as the one in the foreground lying on it's side.

I'm asking $1/ pound for the lead, PM me if you are interested in some or all of it. Remember, it's local pick up only.
Wow! also, I bet there's some real neat stuff in that 60 year accumulation!

Wow! also, I bet there's some real neat stuff in that 60 year accumulation!
OH Boy! You ain't kiddin'! Six vises, besides the two bolted to the benches, A 6 x 1.75 liter liquor box FULL to the top of handloaded ammo with no labels, 4 B&M powder measures in boxes, approximately 200 bullet moulds of all makes and sizes, 1 lb. and 4 lb. cans of gunpowder of all types, half full. He was a true hoarder, didn't matter how many he had, he wanted more of whatever it was, and he could afford to buy it! Mind-boggling!

Last edited:
He was a very good friend, and OH, the stories he could tell! He was a unique man and a very skilled machinist and gunsmith, he will be missed!
di he ever post here?

just a thought but his family might do well listing some of his stuff here and on castboolits… I have provided my kids with these links so when I jump off this mortal coil they can sell whatever they don’t need or want..

di he ever post here?

just a thought but his family might do well listing some of his stuff here and on castboolits… I have provided my kids with these links so when I jump off this mortal coil they can sell whatever they don’t need or want..
No, he wasn't a member here, or at Cast Boolits. His wife wasn't sure what to do with all that "stuff". A lot of it will be sold off on this site and CB. I'm going to start packing this lead pipe into MFRB's, about 38-40 lbs. each. I'll post them up as soon as I can. The offer for local pick up is still open if you want to avoid shipping costs.

Last edited:
Just so you guys don't fall asleep over the acronym - MFRB = USPS Medium Flat Rate Box.

OK, all of you who have requested lead have been PM'd and your packages are ready and reserved for you. Last night I received a PM from a member who lives close by and is interested in at least 200 lbs. or more, to be picked up at my home. I will not accept any more requests for lead until this gentleman has purchased what he wants. I will post a message here as soon as I know what I have available. My thanks to all of you for your patronage, stay tuned, I'll be back to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back