• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lead toxicity and regulations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a bit of a twist to this lead-is-bad logic that the study seems to suggest:

Ever since we practically eradicated natural predators, wildlife management has relied almost exclusively on hunters to maintain healthy game populations. (Not to mention how hunters have paid the lion's share of restoring those populations from near-extinction levels.) What are they proposing to take the place of firearms hunting? This is a lot like those medicines that can have some harmful side effects but, in the main, are still necessary.

That said, if you can make an argument that wildlife management is pretty much stuck with firearms hunting, we, the ML community, have to think it through one more step. There are alternatives to lead bullets for smokeless firearms. I believe one that's been around for a while now would be the Barnes X-bullet, basically a soft copper solid. It's not too great a stretch to see the ammunition manufacturers taking this approach in the face of loosing tremendous market share should a lead ban be placed into effect. (I would not be surprised if they don't already have R&D for this.) Now, could conventional ML's be made to shoot with bullets like these? We know the inlines can because they are just about doing that now. Would it be a good idea to lobby for a primitive season allowing the use of traditional arms with lead projectiles? Kind of like how the primitive seasons started in the first place. Of course, this would curtail a lot of hunting for those who use a ML during both primitive and normal hunting seasons.

May sound a bit far fetched but take a look at the .22lr ban in many of the California counties.

My wife, who does not care for guns at all, stated it best when I was complaining once about some fool, firearms ignorant local statute. If you aren't sitting at the table when the laws are made, you can't complain about how they turn out.

It is a very interesting topic. I'd think a closer look is warranted as others suggested.

Since these Ravens migrate in during the season, I'd want to know if they are picking up the lead from the environment wherever they migrated from.

I'd want to know if the game animals themselves are ingesting the lead from some pollution in the area.

I'd want to sample the blood and/or offal of animals taken during the season to see if their lead levels are measurable higher then live animals in the same area.

Without knowing that kind of stuff the bullet theory is just a shot in the dark (pardon the pun). Legislation has been passed on slimmer evidence, though.

I knew that I could count on you to give us the REAL DEAL :thumbsup: !

Next thing the wackos will say is that NL1000+ has to be banned because it smells good enough to eat :youcrazy:

Thanks Paul, and keep-up the fight!

Dave

P.S.: I'd like to buy a T-Shirt to support the gunowners...please send me an email or PM me with the details! THANKS! :hatsoff:

paulvallandigham said:
WADR, Those " logical arguments" were not made back when these things were passed. There was no one on notice in sufficient time to challenge these " Scientific " studies.

That is why I have tried to tell everyone here that the Lefties are purposely trying to rush this kind of thing through, and oppose anyone who objects, and even are willing to stifle dissent, to win their way. Its part of their admitted game plan to seize political control and change this country.

I do have experience stopping the anti-freedom forces. I have been working at this for 40 years. Back in the early mid 1990s, after the shootings at Stockton California produced the first municipal " Assault Weapon " ban ordinance, the Dems, who actually had set Handgun Control,Inc. up in the White house, picked out 3 college towns across the United States where there were veto proof majorities of Dems on the Boards or Councils. Then they looked to see when they held their meetings, and how quickly any bill could be passed into law.

In the three they chose, Urbana, Il, Columbus, Ohio, and another town I have now forgotten, all the councils met on Monday nites, and had a " Study session" where new ordinances were discussed and voted to be considered for a final vote at a regular public meeting held every other week, or on the following Monday. Then, they took the Stockton, Cal. Ordinance, and sent it to their local members on these councils with careful instructions on how to go about getting it on the agenda at the last moment so that no opposition would be present at the study sessions, and that would give opposition only a week to find out about the proposed ordinance before it was voted on. They told the member council members that "only Crooks owned semi-automatic weapons." ( That came from one of the Democratic Council members who was shocked at how many people he knew who would be affected by the Assault Weapon Ban ordinance, and who also admitted that there was no one in the Democratic Caucus who knew anything, really, about guns.)

The Democratic Party council members caucused privately every Sunday afternoon, before the Monday study session, so that they would be " united " at the public council Study session.

Well, they added this ordinance to the Agenda at about 4 o'clock P.M. on Monday afternoon, just in time to get the agenda in final form to be typed to distribute to the public when the Council had its meeting at 7 P.M.

I got a call from an employee at the City asking me if I knew about the proposed ordinance, and, of course, I didn't. It had received no coverage by any of the many TV and radio stations that cover local news here. ( Again, help from their friends!) I started calling people, but you can imagine that I could not reach that many people before 5 P.M., when I got his call about 4:30 P.M. and people are heading home from work at either 4:30 or 5 P.M. I called and connected with several friends, who in turn called and got in touch with several others. We did turn out about 20 people to oppose the ordinance, which amazed us all considering such short notice.

The night they chose to introduce the ordinance, Either the Oscars, or some other popular TV show, like the Miss America Pageant was also being telecast. They knew from prior ratings, that local city council meetings were virtually ignored by the public on these nites, and chose this date specifically to minimize the exposure that local public Access TV would give to what they were doing. That was done at the National Level, and dictated to the local members.

The Dems sat up there knowing they had a ' sure thing " going, and were bored waiting for the public comment period to end so they could vote the ordinance to be put on the public agenda the next Monday nite. The ordinance actually was a typed copy of the Stockton ordiance, with White-out used to remove, almost, the name, Stockton, California, and then the name, Urbana, Illinois typed over it. That's how cheap a stunt this was.

The next Monday was the night of the NCAA finals, another high viewer nite on TV, when almost no man can be found doing anything other than watching the game. They again picked that Nite at the national level, by design, to limit the amount of opposition that would show up at the council meetings. When this was pointed out to some of the conservative " labor Democrat" members of the council, even they became annoyed that they were being USED! They were so fearful of opposition, that they ordered the Fire Chief to inspect the premises and determine a Maximum number of people who could enter the City Councilroom, and posted a sign, and arranged for several police officers to enforce the maximum occupancy standard at the front door to the city building. We turned out more than 300 people, and could easily have had more than double that number.

We also worked the Unions, and got statements of opposition from all the service unions for city employees to the ordinance. That included the Police Union, the Firefighters Union, and the Public Works Union. Even the Union that represented the clerical staff voted to oppose the ordinance.

We tried to work the labor Unions, but all the local managers were " just unavailable", or could not call a meeting of their councils to take a vote, before the meeting. I am talking Teamsters, Plumbers and Pipefitters, Electrical, Carpenters, and Laborers unions, as well as others. That is something that needs to be changed, since so many Union members are also avid hunters, and gun owners.

We set up and announced an organizational meeting for gun owners that met on the Wednesday evening after the Study session, We had about 80 people show up, including some current and retired police officers and sheriff's deputies. All our work to oppose the ordinance was accomplished by angry gun owners between that Wednesday, and the following Monday. We also called every VIP person we knew was a gun owner, and asked them to call these city council members personally to express their personal opposition. This included, bankers, doctors, lawyers, professors, accountants, other government officials( Township, County, State, and Federal) etc.

On Sunday afternoon, at their weekly caucus, one of the Democrat council members indicated that he would not vote for the ordinance. That would not have stopped the ordinance from passing by a majority vote, , but it would have removed the Veto-proof majority the Dems enjoyed. The mayor, a Republican, had already indicated that he would veto the ordinance.

So, to save face, after calling Washington, D.C., it was decided to table the ordinance permanently, on Monday afternoon. This is after the local press annnounced the opposition of all the city Unions, including the Police Union.

The only city that actually passed the " Assault Weapon Ban Ordinance " was Columbus, Ohio, but it was struck down as Unconstitutional under the Ohio Constitution. That was the prelude to the passage of the Clinton Assault Weapon Gun Ban in 1994.

I lay this history out for you because You need to know of our experience with the opposition, what we learned about how the national Anti-gun, Anti-freedom forces work, their goals and objectives, and the tactics. You need to understand that this is a WAR that is orchestrated at a National level, and taking cues at that level. The local anti-freedom people don't breath without permission from the National groups.

Our calls to the NRA got us NO help. You might think that such a powerful and experienced lobby organization like our NRA would have plans in place to send " Truth squads " out with facts, figures and data, or at least have all that stuff printed and ready to send out to members who call for help, at a moment's notice. That is not the case. Even after our experience when I talked to employees of the NRA-ILA, and suggested that they gear up for this kind of warfare, I was met with blank stares, and silence. The Boys in Virginia just don't get it. I love them, and respect all the work they do for us, but they are NOT prepared to be on the front lines for us. We have to do this ourselves, or its not going to get done.

Right now, there are some wonderfully thorough briefs filed in the Heller vs. D.C. case that you can get off the internet. They site cases, and sources that explain the original intent of the Founding Fathers.They also give studies, both private, and government paid for that show that Gun Bans don't work. Much of these studies were briefly mentioned by the task force charged by Congress to advise it about whether to extend, or let die the Assault Weapons Ban Bill in 2004, and the task force reported that there was NO evidence reported anywhere that indicated that the law prevented ONE CRIME of violence during the 10 years the law was on the books. Congress let the law die pursuant to the " sunset " provisions written into the bill, originally.

There are studies that indicate that whenever Private citizens are permitted to carry firearms, violent crime rates drop, rather than rise, as the anti-freedom forces always argue. Michigan recently announced that in the 6 years since they passed their CC permit law, violent crime rates have been lower than before the law was passed, and that NONE of the imagined " Blood in the gutters" events have taken place in that state.

48 of the 50 states now have some form of permit system or laws that permit law abiding citizens to carry firearms. Only Wisconsin and Illinois remain as the states that deny citizens their right to protect themselves.

Wisconsin is in the grips of a heavily Democratic government because of populations in Madison, and Milwaukee. The rest of the state is very largely pro-gun. Concealed Carry bills have passed twice in the past 4 years and then been vetoed by an anti-gun governor, and the vetos sustained because the same representative from Milwaukee has changed his vote, voting first to pass the law, and then voting against the override. So, Wisconsin is, literally, one vote away from passing Concealed carry.

Illinois is dominated by Chicago, it Anti-gun mayor, and a gerrymandered district system that guarantees Democrat majorities in both houses. We have a very unpopular, Democratic Governor, who is also anti-gun.

However, the Dems are running scared on this issue, and this year they have introduced their own " Permissive issue " bill, that would require you to get the permission of your local sheriff to get a permit to carry, rather than a " Shall Issue" bill that we have drafted, and introduced every session since 1998.

Our law takes the discretion to issue a permit away from government officials. All the bills are bottled up in the Executive Committees, which means that they only go out on the floor for a vote if the Democratic leader of that House wants a vote on it. We consider the bill simply window dressing, and a sap to the downstate Democrats who are pro-gun, and want a concealed carry law in Illinois. It will probably not even be voted on in committee sessions. And, that committee is notorious for Not holding public hearings on bills its going to pass on to the floor.

What we have done as Pro-freedom advocates is to organize an Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day( IGOLD) schedules for March 11( Tuesday) in Springfield. We also have drafted a Pro-second Amendment Resolution that states opposition to further Chicago style anti-gun laws, and have had the resolution passed by 69 of the 102 counties in Illinois, all since November, 2007. We continue to present the bill to the remaining counties. Last year, we turned out 1500 plus supporters to lobby in favor of pro-gun bills, and surprised the heck out of the House and Senate members, as well as leaders in traditional gun organizations here in Illinois.

This year, we are planning to turn out 3,000 or more supporters to be there that day. We are meeting at Noon at the Hilton Hotel, and then marching to the capital. Parade permits have already been obtained. We have T-shirts for sale, and hope to have hats with Igold on them. There will be a meeting, dinner at one of the hotels that afternoon, before we all head home. We have rented buses to take people there from all parts of the State. YOu can keep up with the activities by going to www.IllinoisCarry.com.

We know that our marches and appearances do make a difference. Just like the Urbana City Council was scared to death that a huge mob of angry gun owners might appear at the city building to oppose the passage of the assault Weapons Ban ordinance, back in 1993, the current Anti-freedom crowd is scared to death of angry gun owners. The more we turn out, the more they fear doing anything that might anger us.

Sometimes fear is the only emotional tactic left to use. We don't have to threaten them, or carry firearms to appeal to their own fears. All we have to do is appear. That is the lesson I have learned about politics.In fact, after I debated an anti-freedom force member some years ago, I asked her, " if you ever do manage to outlaw guns, who are you going to get to try to take them away from gun owners? " The look on her face was priceless.

BTW, all the anti-freedom forces are waiting to see the outcome of the Heller vs. D.C. case before the Supreme Court. Oral Arguments will be heard on March 18. A Decision is expected by June, 2008. the briefs have been filed, and frankly, the brief filed on behalf of the city is an embarrassment. They know it. What the Anti-s are looking to see is just how far the Court goes, so they can restructure their plans to push more gun control laws.

You will note, I am sure, that there have been a spate of bills offered all over the country to require that bullets be micro serial numbered to permit tracing to original purchaser. This is not a serious crime fighting proposal. Its sole purpose is to raise the cost of ammo so high that most hunters( working class and poor people) can no longer afford to fire guns, or hunt. This is the lefties' callous assault on what they euphemistically call the " Nascar" voters.

We do have to oppose these proposed laws, with logic, but we have an unacknowledged ally in the CSI TV shows that have been such successes these past few years. Most people admit watching one or more of them, and the public has become very educated about how evidence is used to prove guilt in criminal cases. Proposals like this one are not going to be met by the same gullable, untrained, political hacks that were so easily convinced to pass an Assault weapons ban ordinance 15 years ago. And the public now knows that crime rates go down when law abiding citizens are allowed to protect themselves. The enthusiasm for gun control is waning, not growing, and the politicians know it. They also know supporting gun control cost them the Congress in 1994, and the Presidency in 2000. They don't like the fact that the US Supreme Court took the Heller Case this year, or that this decision will come out just before the National Party conventions. Gun Control will be an issue again this year, and that means that gun owners- angry gun owners are going to be motivated to vote in November. Their plans of putting a Left Wing Democrat- Clinton or Obama - can be upset if gun owners turn out an vote against them. I can assure you that neither Mrs. Clinton, or Sen. Obama has ever seen a gun control law they don't like.
This has to be some kind of record....... :yakyak:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean said:
Paul,

You'll have to excuse me. I'm a wildlife biologist who likes short replies. My wife is the toxicologist. I don't always get everything right in her field. However, right or wrong, it doesn't change the political realities of the situation. You can talk about how lead is an essential micronutrient until you are blue in the face. My suggestions are above, and they are only suggestions. If you prefer to follow your route, so be it. I do not have all the answers or even most of them. I do not know how far this thing will go and the ultimate extent of it. My experience as someone who's worked for the feds pretty extensively makes me expect there will be some overreaction on their part, but we generally suffer when that happens.

Now if you will excuse me, I'll step out and let this discussion go where it will. The floor is yours, Senor.

Sean

The problem, generally speaking, is that in order to be a "Fed" or any kind of government worker for that matter you must 1st my prove to stupid to do anything else. And the greater this proveing of ignorance is the higher up you get to go in an organization where saleries and wage increases are guarenteed and true job evaluation is never an issue. SOOOOOOO we have the dumbest amongest us playing "biologist" in a concrete jungle AKA Washington DC (or pick your state capitol like Salem, Or) and these people are quite frankly dumber than the proverble box of rocks! Most of these ijits...
a) dont know thruth from fiction...In the pacific NW there was a hue and cry from the hippies that clear cut logging was BAD...Now our loggers are closer to extinction than a worthless condor but get this no clear cuts = no new growth vegitation = less quality feed = less game! The Columbia black tail have been in noteable decline for two decades and EVERYTHING has been blamed except LACK OF QUALITY FEED. God bless the brilliance of the state game "biologist" And all this to save a spotted owl that we "NOW" realize is 1. food for the barn owl and 2. has a much wider distribution then at first thought; Oh well good by logger hope you find a job and all that.
b) couldnt prioritize life from death. Loggers going extinct and all the financial loss that goes with that = OK (And pleez let me say trees are RENEWABLE just like carrots and patotoes!) BUT spending MILLIONS on a stupid condor that is most likely due for extinction when other birds like ravens and buzzards will eat the same manure just as well = brilliance?. NOTE: NOBODY wants the last anything dead and gone BUT I dont miss the dinosaurs, the passanger pigeons, or Jimmy Carters relavaance....I will miss the outdoors and HUNTING when the hippies and government fools ligislate that animals have MORE rights then I and dont even get mem started on the God giving me/us dominion!!! :nono:
c)Dont care! These government boobs dont evn use the great outdoors yet feel qualified to regulate it? Without hunter imput by in large. Years ago game biologist BECAME such because they LIKED the outdoors, hunting, fishing, etc. Today our wet behind the ears collage graduates are there because guns are bad, PETA is right, and HEY you cant get fired from a government job unless you let it slip that you are a conservative.

Sigh I could go take a deep breath before I march on "washington" all by myself.
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Sweet. Really, really sweet. Attack the messengers and feel good about it.

Rants are probably fun to write, but pretty boring to read. They will certainly accomplish absolutely nothing in the legal process, while completely killing your credibility and insulting the people who will be making the decision.

The point is, the bulk of science that will be used in the hearings points a finger at lead. Aint going to do any good to insult the people conducting the hearings now, any more than it did when shotgun lead was on trial. You see where that got everyone everytime you pick up a shotgun.

Come up with credible science (in the eyes of the hearing folks) that debunks the accepted lead science and you might have a small chance. I doubt it though.

Sean gets my big Hats Off thanks and respect for suggesting that there might be a way to exempt traditional muzzleloaders from the whole process. I'd say he's gone lots further toward helping traditional muzzleloaders than anyone attacking him for trying.

:hatsoff:

---with all the pewter cups and plates [with lead in them]used years ago and the lead water pipes we all drank out of it is a wonder we are not extinct--- :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dave:

You can order them direct from the Illinois State Rifle Association Webpage.
http://igold.isra.org/

If you look down about a 1/4 of the page on the left hand side, you will find a reference in blue type to hats and T-shirts for IGOLD. Click on that and you will get an order page. If you have any problems with that, let me know. I will get you a shirt( let me know what size, please) and send it to you myself. Paul

Paul,

I ordered two T-shirts, both in XL: One for me and one for my Eagle Scout NRA Life Member (since age 5) Son!

Thank you for the oppurtunity to lend a helping hand to your cause!

As you are probably aware, NJ is listed as a CCW State, which is FALSE, due to the fact that hardly anyone here has one! They are that hard to get! Good luck with the Rally!

Dave

Wattsy said:
The problem, generally speaking, is that in order to be a "Fed" or any kind of government worker for that matter you must 1st my prove to stupid to do anything else. And the greater this proveing of ignorance is the higher up you get to go in an organization where saleries and wage increases are guarenteed and true job evaluation is never an issue. SOOOOOOO we have the dumbest amongest us playing "biologist" in a concrete jungle AKA Washington DC (or pick your state capitol like Salem, Or) and these people are quite frankly dumber than the proverble box of rocks! Most of these ijits...
a) dont know thruth from fiction...In the pacific NW there was a hue and cry from the hippies that clear cut logging was BAD...Now our loggers are closer to extinction than a worthless condor but get this no clear cuts = no new growth vegitation = less quality feed = less game! The Columbia black tail have been in noteable decline for two decades and EVERYTHING has been blamed except LACK OF QUALITY FEED. God bless the brilliance of the state game "biologist" And all this to save a spotted owl that we "NOW" realize is 1. food for the barn owl and 2. has a much wider distribution then at first thought; Oh well good by logger hope you find a job and all that.
b) couldnt prioritize life from death. Loggers going extinct and all the financial loss that goes with that = OK (And pleez let me say trees are RENEWABLE just like carrots and patotoes!) BUT spending MILLIONS on a stupid condor that is most likely due for extinction when other birds like ravens and buzzards will eat the same manure just as well = brilliance?. NOTE: NOBODY wants the last anything dead and gone BUT I dont miss the dinosaurs, the passanger pigeons, or Jimmy Carters relavaance....I will miss the outdoors and HUNTING when the hippies and government fools ligislate that animals have MORE rights then I and dont even get mem started on the God giving me/us dominion!!! :nono:
c)Dont care! These government boobs dont evn use the great outdoors yet feel qualified to regulate it? Without hunter imput by in large. Years ago game biologist BECAME such because they LIKED the outdoors, hunting, fishing, etc. Today our wet behind the ears collage graduates are there because guns are bad, PETA is right, and HEY you cant get fired from a government job unless you let it slip that you are a conservative.

Sigh I could go take a deep breath before I march on "washington" all by myself.
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Hey Wattsy,

There's a certain spot on my person I'd like to invite you to pucker up for. I was actually trying to make some positive suggestions here.

Sean

BrownBear said:
I'd say he's gone lots further toward helping traditional muzzleloaders than anyone attacking him for trying.

Attacking??? This has seemed like a pretty friendly thread to me... I thought that was the point of his post in the first place - to start a discussion!

I have to agree with Mike. BS,BS,BS!!!This manure is getting out of hand. Water is toxic if you drink too much of it.

Wattsy: Although I don't disagree with much of what you said, I feel it was totally unfair to aim your thoughts at Sean.

Not all wildlife biologists fit the description you made of Government employees. If fact I believe only some of them do and in this case I do not feel that Sean deserved to be singled out.

This thread is getting personal. My wife is a "Federal government employee" and she probably works harder than half the folks on this forum. A lot of other family members work for the government, as well. BTW, the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan are "government employees". No sense tarring people with a lot of assumptions. It adds nothing to this discussion and only gives anti's who may be following this forum fuel for their fire.

You make my point again and again..."Doesn't really matter what we think of the issue or the science. This decision is will be made for us by others, "

I am aware that NOTHING will be decided on this or any FORUM but I will state plainly that Governments ONLY priority is to make sure that govenment has a job. Results are never measured and priorities are usually outta wack.
But Ill give you a chance to prove me wrong...
1. What is the EXACT number of seals the Feds have come up with to delist them and make them into a game animal? The exact number, SURELY there is one...Right? Say like there was 10 million would that be it or ?
2. Please share with me the Governemnt agency that is well known for its compatancy and fiscal responsibility; One that has actually solved the problem that it was created to over see, The agency that no longer requires my $$ because the "issue" is taken care of / over/ settled / done?
3. (And here is my favorite) The Fed agency that always puts the majority user first. You know the silent majority that actually pays YOUR wages in tax money VS the obnoxiously loud tree hugger that is cronically unemployed. Example loggers and thier families win over the mythical situation involving the spotted owl..just because people ARE more important than ANY animal! or...Farmers win over spotted salamandars because when people get hungry no one gives a manure about a newt!

Ok I know that I have crossed over deep into a rant BUT please dont tell me the Government is Careing, usefull, helpfull, or compatent cuz they aint! Opressive, regulatory, EXPENSIVE, and dangerous it is!

I have been setting back and watching this post for several days now and I am going too put in my two cents.
First of all quit trying too kill the messenger. People this is the very reason we lose these kind of battles. We are more concerned with weeing on some body than fighting the common enemy. :surrender:
When the public get scared thier common sense and logic tends too go out the window. This is the very reason anti gun laws get inacted. John Q Public is scared and under educated about the situtation, they want results and want them now!
When they see what is their so called, self proclaimed white knight riding up, spouting, the only info they are getting on the situation as the answer to their problem they tend to believe that info!
When no one takes the time to quietly use their experts and the media sources to explain the other side of the situation in a way that the common person can understand it you lose!
When all you can do is too stand up and say, "my postion is right and by damned I know it is", you lose! :hmm:
Get the experts in this field the scentists, lawyers and anybody who can rationally and calmy stand up and explain the other side to John Q Public.
Use the same media that they are using. Also as Zonie, so astutely pointed out what you have to dispute, is the people who use words like, may, might, could be, thought to be, because when they put some so called expert on TV, Radio, and the other forms of media and they use these type of terms.
John Q Public's mind tends too omit maybe, might, etc. and takes what they are saying as gospel.
They don't know better but, I will tell you from personal experience when you stand up and start yelling my opinion is correct, you have lost the battle before you start, you are looked at as a ranting, and raving lunatic with no facts to support your situation!
We need that group of qualified members of the fields, some of which are sportsman and some who just want the truth too come out, needed to dispute these findings! The media is ours too use just like the other side. Use it and use it properly!
Explain the contamination caused by years of leaded gasoline use will take years for it to disappear, explain why Civil War battlefeilds full of lead show only what is considered normal containation of lead in most soils, explain why hunters are not poisoned by the meat they eat, which where the lead usually ends up and not in the gut pile, explain why streams and lands have been contaminted by incidental contact from pollution left over from factories and such,some of which expel byproducts that contain lead.

You have to explain all these other sources of lead contamination no one is mentioning! We are responseable for the lead contamination but, only a small percentage is due too lead from bullets. These various groups of birds and such that they are studying and site as dying from lead from bullets need too be looked at as where else they feed and what they feed on such as contaminated fish, the ground and the streams that they come in contact with, all these sources are where you are going too find the evidence to dispute that the incidental contact betwween lead bullet and their dying. They do not sit in one area and recieve only lead from bullets!Now we have got too prove that their lead contamination is due to these other sources much more than any lead bullet had to do with!!

The evidence is there too use to dispute their so called experts, because if you don't they will be trying to close your range, as they are trying to do here in NW Florida.
They want to close the local muzzleloader range due to lead contamintion. When in reality it's not contamination that's the problem, it's they want the range out of they way so they can develop the surrounding land and put houses on this so called contaminated land! One man has purchased a large amount of land adjoining the range and has been on a smear campaign for the last 10 years in a effort to shut down this range.
This very range has been in existance for 30 yrs. and has recieved awards for their exemplary work in a state of the art ranges, and thier work in stopping lead containation!
Quit arguing amongst ourselves and present the other side, the evidence is their. Find it, publish it and educate the public to the truth, before it's too late. Show the public the reason these other sources have for wanting everyone jumping on the ban the bullet issue!!!!!!!!

Was going to post something more here but thought, what the heck. This string's done been beat to death.

As Old Abe once observed, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Back