• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Laurel Mountain Browning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the easiest traps to fall in with wipe-on bluing and browning is going on too wet. If your swab is wet enough to leave a liquid drop on tbe warm steel, the lowered temperarure there make for uneven color. If it wipes on dry, with a soft, even hiss, then you're probably doing well, because it isn't " quenching" the surface. Speed is good when you wipe it on, so the surface is evenly hot, and you're less likely to make a cold spot by wiping on too thick or wet.

I just put the first 2 coats of browning solution on my barrel and I’ve got a copper streak where I overlapped the application. What can I do to get rid of this streak? I did a search and someone said to just recoat and press on. Will that work? Thanks…
lol I did too I guess I should read on! I used mountain laurel on a Rice barrel

The trick is to apply in an even stroke from one end to the other. I did one flat at a time. Rotated the barrel and did the next one and so on. Then hung it in a humid warm area. (Tub with hot water) hung from shower rod. 12 hrs then repeat

Latest posts

Back