• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Large Hand Forged Bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thought I’d try listing this again. Very nice hand forged Bowie style knife. Solid as a rock! Beautiful case-like colors on the blade from the forging process. Antler slab grips. Asking $190. Shipping included.

Attachments

• IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6475.jpeg
    IMG_6475.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6471.jpeg
    IMG_6471.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7073.jpeg
    IMG_7073.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thought I’d try listing this again. Very nice hand forged Bowie style knife. Solid as a rock! Beautiful case-like colors on the blade from the forging process. Antler slab grips. Asking $190. Shipping included.
I can’t believe this knife isn’t generating more interest! It would go great with a mountain man or frontier impression. Make me a fair reasonable offer.

Not attempting to discredit your post/ad in any way.
The coloration is not from the forging nor any other part of the manufacturing of the blade in question.
A torch has been played on the blade after completion causing the coloration.

Last edited:
Not attempting to discredit your post/ad in any way.
The coloration is not from the forging nor any other part of the manufacturing of the blade in question.
A torch has been played on the blade after completion causing the coloration. I would think the temper of the blade has been drawn in the process.
The guy who made this knife has been making knives for a long time. I’ve bought other knives of his that have been good solid knives. I still think this is a nice knife and would make a great looking custom made knife for someone doing a mountain man or other frontier looking impression.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and tastes. But antler handled knives were very common in the day. If you want to be critical about authenticity in period impressions, there’s a lot of things to be critical about. Clothes, shoes, personal hygiene, hats,….etc. For some reason you’ve chosen my knife to criticize. The only knives from the early 1800’s you see are ones that have nearly 200 years of aging and wear and tear. I don’t think some colors on a blade make it junk. It’s sure not one of the bazillion Pakistani knives that have taken over the knife world. My knife is at least American made and made of natural materials that were available then.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and tastes. But antler handled knives were very common in the day. If you want to be critical about authenticity in period impressions, there’s a lot of things to be critical about. Clothes, shoes, personal hygiene, hats,….etc. For some reason you’ve chosen my knife to criticize. The only knives from the early 1800’s you see are ones that have nearly 200 years of aging and wear and tear. I don’t think some colors on a blade make it junk. It’s sure not one of the bazillion Pakistani knives that have taken over the knife world. My knife is at least American made and made of natural materials that were available then.
I didn't choose yours to criticize, you asked why there was little interest and I answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back