• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Laminated stock blank?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just curious as I mull over ideas for future projects. Has anyone taken 1/2” or 3/4” planks and laminated them into a stock blank? I know I’d have to use a tight grained hard wood like maple cherry or walnut. I’ve laminated wood for guitar bodies and such and wanted to eventually try my hand at a gun stock but I don’t want to spend $500 on a blank just to screw it up. I know that Boyd’s makes laminated stocks, I just don’t know what adhesives to use for a gun considering recoil and heat, or if this idea is a common practice. I wanted to put wood furniture on my Pardner pump and maybe that would be where I could start with it. Or maybe buy a cheap traditions buckstalker…

Penny for your thoughts.
Yeah , I'm sure you could do that , laminate boards for a stock . Probably be a b!tc# later trying to rasp it to shape but ....sure . I've made guns for myself by piecing a stock together out of pieces laying around the shop , I hate wasting stuff . ...I think its a by product of growing up dirt poor ! LOL AND , strangely enough , I just started a project for later .... Ive been cutting out cherry stocks today and was cleaning around the force and just about threw this chunk of walnut into the firewood pile .....seemed such a shame to do though . I checked it to the NW gun pattern ....He// ! I'm gonna make me a short N.W. gun outta it ! I'll have to add a chunk to the bottom of the butt stock but it'll be cool ! Esp. when I tell folks later its the " firewood gun " ! :) . Best of luck in what ever ya do ! Oh , shoot ...oh yeah , I never have more than $50 in one of my stocks ... If you like / want a walnut or cherry stock , holler at me ...maybe I can help ya out .... Later gator

Firewood N.W. gun. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230519_142210.jpg
    IMG_20230519_142210.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Back