• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kudos to.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinStar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Ohio ramrod for the quality wad punch and fast service along with the proper accessories to go with it! Great guy to deal with. And to Durofelt for their speedy delivery and great price!
Now I am biting at the bit to get some nice weather so I can do a lot of test loads for shot and ball. I'll be punching out and lubing wads in the next few days.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Hey Bruce! I hear he does work, but just what "accessories" does he include? Just curious as I've got an odd one.....Getz 9 gauge.

I have plenty of wads for now, but who knows? Enjoy, J.D.

He gives you some sheets of stiff, heavy brown paper that goes under the felt, and a piece of heavy gray acrylic/plastic. You put the paper on the plastic and then the felt; then punch it out. The paper keeps the punch from digging up the plastic and keeps the punch sharper for a longer time. He includes a wooden dowel for punching the wads out of the tool and it is slit so you can wrap heavy paper around it to take up space in the tool so it can be chucked in a drill press and the edge toned up with a stone. Pretty smart I think. Can't remember how big he will make them; but he says to mic you bore. Shoot him a PM.

TinStar

That's exactly how mine came, except there were a few pieces of leather thrown in also to use for wads, to try in load work up. I didn't know if this was SOP for Ramrod, but I know it was very appreciated. And yes, he does do great work. I have two punches and will be asking for more when I need another, if I ever get the money saved for a fowler.

Latest posts

Back