• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KIK Powder??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not tried it but read good things about it. In a test with Goex and Elephant in four different rifles it generally gave the highest velocities (KiK?), low fouling, accuracy similar to Goex and cost is about same as Goex. Sounds like a winner.

See the following link:
[url] http://www.norwestcompany.com/comparison.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found on another site that KIK is distributed by Goex.
I found a couple other sites that say it burns cleaner than Goex and gives higher velocity also.
It might be worth a try for .90 less per pound than Goex.
I'm torn. I'm a loyal Goex customer. I hate to leave my old faithful brand of powder.

Huntin Dawg

Huntin Dawg said:
I just found on another site that KIK is distributed by Goex.
I found a couple other sites that say it burns cleaner than Goex and gives higher velocity also.

I also remember reading somewhere that KIK was distributed by Goex, but according to the label on the can, it is distributed by Western Powders, Inc. I have been usink KIK for several months and find it does give higher velocities than equal measures of Goex, does burn much cleaner and is very accurate. I really like it. It gives performance closer to Swiss for a price less than Goex.

sabinajiles said:
I also remember reading somewhere that KIK was distributed by Goex, but according to the label on the can, it is distributed by Western Powders, Inc. I have been usink KIK for several months and find it does give higher velocities than equal measures of Goex, does burn much cleaner and is very accurate. I really like it. It gives performance closer to Swiss for a price less than Goex.

Have you been shooting 2f or 3f?
Have you collected any data comparing KIK to Goex?

Thanks,
Huntin Dawg

rubincam said:
how does it work in flintlocks? :winking: :winking: :winking:

Since it is blackpowder, it works very well. As well as any other blackpowder I have used.

With almost 6000 members to the forum only one person has shot KIK powder?
Surprising.

Huntin Dawg

Okay, now that our fearless leader Claude has schooled me on the search function I have found many more threads about KIK.
It looks like nothing but good things are said about it.
I think I will try some out.
Sorry Goex but if I can get a good shooting powder for less $$ I have to try it.Everyone seems to agree the KIK 2f performs like Goex 3f.
Thanks everyone!

Huntin Dawg

Actually two :). I have been using it since June and found the same thing the Sabina Jiles found. The 2F pretty much swaps load for load with GOEX 3F. It's real BP so it works fine in flintlocks. It is a little cleaner than GOEX, not much but noticable.

My .36 did not like the KIK 2F but loved the 3F. I used the same charge as GOEX. It prints about 1/4" higher at 25 yards but is the same at 50. When I finish the .32 I have on the bench now, I will see how it likes the 3F.

Thanks for the input.
All of my rifles are .54 caliber so I figure I better go with just the 2f.
I figured out that with Powder Inc 10 lbs of KIK would be $130 delivered and 10 lbs of Goex would be $139.
For $9 more I will probably just stick with Goex since all of my loads are made up with Goex.
I do like the sound of less fouling and more velocity from the KIK though.

Huntin Dawg

Back