• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's Hunting Pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my first bag cost me around $200 plus, but had a lot of left over. That was for the hide, cloth, awl, linen string, the book from TOW, and a DVD (forget whi did that.

Had this kit been available I think I would have gone for it; I never had a stitch Pony and still do two needle saddle stitching but if I added a Tandy Leather Pony then my first bag would have cost more.

Personally I think for a first timer that is a fine kit and you get it all at place with a single purchase.
A good kit with quality contents to get one's feet wet, I say.

I didn’t realize offering a bag kit was going to cause so much drama. Wow. 🤷‍♂️🫤
There will always be those who feel the need to criticize. They would rather find fault than accept a product for what it is and just move on. By the way, it seems to be another fine product from the Kibler family. Keep them coming.

Its like sometime ago I made a post on a barrel deal. Got all kinds of negative comments. Even from the person that advertised the deal. Because I didn't follow HIS instructions. Well if HE would have talked to his staff. He would have known I DID exactly what he said to do...!
But like everything there's always the ones who don't read the complete O.P.s post before they comment.
$150 for the leather and the tools is a good deal. You can always get more leather and make a couple of bags and recoup your cost. JM2C

I didn’t realize offering a bag kit was going to cause so much drama. Wow. 🤷‍♂️🫤
community-fire-pizza-meme-template-qvfei.jpg

I do leather work as a hobby…. For myself mostly. I will just say that kit may not be for everyone … but it is quality items. Quality leather is expensive. You can find cheap leather and tools on Amazon or eBay but it isn’t like that.
I think for someone that wants to try and make a quality bag and be proud of it you can’t go wrong with that kit.
that’s my .02 cents.

View attachment 270377View attachment 270378
I agree, and your two cents is actually worth a buck and a half in my book!

I might give it a whirl, with everything included, I feel it's a fair price. With still work to be done on my first powder horn attempt, may have to ask for this for Christmas.
I've tried my hand at horn work a bit, and simply just don't like working with horn! That's just me, and I realize it! I want to try scrimshaw, and have a few really nice horns, but working them from scratch ain't my thing! I once was at a pirate festival and bought a gorgeous Pirate-themed scrimshanded horn, with extremely fine detail and artistry. I don't know if it was signed, there are some tiny initials I have to re-read. This was at the pirate themed event at Marcus Hook, Pa., about 5-6 years ago, that they hold every September.

I've tried my hand at horn work a bit, and simply just don't like working with horn! That's just me, and I realize it! I want to try scrimshaw, and have a few really nice horns, but working them from scratch ain't my thing! I once was at a pirate festival and bought a gorgeous Pirate-themed scrimshanded horn, with extremely fine detail and artistry. I don't know if it was signed, there are some tiny initials I have to re-read. This was at the pirate themed event at Marcus Hook, Pa., about 5-6 years ago, that they hold every September.
Yeah, my first attempt at the horn and it's coming along ok. Kind of wanted a set all 'by my hand' as they would say, even if it's from a kit so the horn is already coming along and with the pouch kit, would have it all but a gun. The gun I'm probably gonna hold out for the fowler Kibler is coming out with next, or so I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back