• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler .58 smooth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to decide on smooth or rifled. Anyone tried the smooth bore with shot> How are the groups? How tight is the pattern. I would need PRB to hit a paper plate at 75 yds pretty regularly and would like a pattern suitable for turkey at 25 yds?

I absolutely love my Fowler. Very versatile and I have had no issues with the patterns. Once you get your load down that 25 yard shot should be a walk in the park. The paper plate at 75 yards is doeable but then again it's going to depend a lot on the charge and patch. I had a small learning curve once I got it but those kinks were quickly worked out and I had a lot of fun with it. That smoothbore has become near and dear to my heart.

I had a 54 Kibler smoothie and it would do better than what you want for both shot and ball. I sold it and am now getting ready to order the 54 rifle. Good thing about the Kibler is it comes with rifled sights. If you decide to shoot rabbits of anything else running of flying you might not like it but turkeys its nice.

The rifle is pretty darn accurate. I took this doe at 72 yards with my Kibler .58

Attachments

• F465F7E4-7114-4670-AE0C-34D212754AA0.jpeg
    F465F7E4-7114-4670-AE0C-34D212754AA0.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 41
The rifle is pretty darn accurate. I took this doe at 72 yards with my Kibler .58
Was that with a smooth bore or rifled ? What was your load ? I just took my kibler .58 rifled barrel off and installed my .58 smooth bore for upcoming turkey season. I’m already thinking spring.

Was that with a smooth bore or rifled ? What was your load ? I just took my kibler .58 rifled barrel off and installed my .58 smooth bore for upcoming turkey season. I’m already thinking spring.
Rifled. .57 hornady RB, .10 linen patch and 80 gr FFF Goex.

Trying to decide on smooth or rifled. Anyone tried the smooth bore with shot> How are the groups? How tight is the pattern. I would need PRB to hit a paper plate at 75 yds pretty regularly and would like a pattern suitable for turkey at 25 yds?
I just took off my rifle barrel off and installed my smoothbore have not had a chance to shoot anything out of it yet. In the next month or so hopefully I’ll have tested both round ball and shot out of the smooth bore. I’ll report back.

I had a 54 Kibler smoothie and it would do better than what you want for both shot and ball. I sold it and am now getting ready to order the 54 rifle. Good thing about the Kibler is it comes with rifled sights. If you decide to shoot rabbits of anything else running of flying you might not like it but turkeys its nice.

I have a .54 cal that I bought from a gentleman on this forum a couple of years ago and I love it for turkeys.
25 yards is the max for mine but 20 yards is perfect.
I use 65gr 2F and 3/4 to 7/8oz of #6.

I’ve been debating this with myself for several months. My birthday is early April, and as a gift for myself, I’ll be getting a Kibler, I just don’t know which one to get first.

Couple months ago, I watched a YouTube video of a .58 smooth rifle that a guy had just finished as a prize for a club raffle. I just can‘t decide if I’m going to get the .58 smooth bore first or the .54 calibre rifled.

Then there’s that whole rat-hole of which SMR to get…OMG, I feel another attack coming on…

Back