• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kap Kover

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampy11

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What is the communites' collective thoughts on the use of "kap kovers", brass covers for percusstion nipples? How many have them and really use them?
Thanks
`swamp

What is the communites' collective thoughts on the use of "kap kovers", brass covers for percusstion nipples? How many have them and really use them?
Thanks
`swamp

I've used them for years on every percussion I owned...and really more for their feature as a safety than weather proofing, as I was already weatherproofing caps with neopreme slip on covers.

1550881052505LockKapKoverbesidenipple800.jpg

1550884052505LockKapKoveronnipple800.jpg

Do you ever have the Kap Kover take the cap with it when you remove the Kover for a shot?

Do you ever have the Kap Kover take the cap with it when you remove the Kover for a shot?

It's never happened to me...the bell is too large a diameter to touch the cap

I am perfectly pleased w/ these and echo Roundball.I use them on all my no.11 primed percussion guns for safety,not necessarily h2o proofing.I am particularly fond of using them on my 12 guage side by side muzzleloading shotgun.If I only discharge one barrel I can place the kap cover over the unfired second barrels cap/cone and lower the hammer rather than de-cap and reload the fired barrel in safety.Very pleased w/ them and highly recommend them to anyone.Jack

Back