• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar Rooster or the Faux Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thing represents nothing but a Muzzle loading rifle that'll shoot, A gift to a Lady that's been winning compition shooting with a borrowed rifle for years, and deserves her own.

With advise and tips found here on the Builders Bench I've redone a botched olde Jukar kit(s).
The things learned here was rust removal, pewter pouring, bedding and stock glueing, soldering, barrel cut and crown, basic shaping,,

Custom items include German Silver from Track, Peweter nose cap and dressings, a shortened barrel, and weighted butt stock.
The "Kit" was/is a compilation of several, the stock was in awfull shape, whatever the feller used to "finish" was hard as a rock and required heavy sanding and shaping to remove, the barrel was actually un-fired but rusty.

In the begining there was the kit;
HPIM0794.jpg

alot of work then;
HPIM0861.jpg

HPIM0874.jpg

HPIM0876.jpg

HPIM0870.jpg

Covering that goofy slpit, rolled edges;
HPIM0890-1.jpg

Oh and I almost forgot, it's for Sharon;

HPIM0897.jpg

Thanks fer lookin,,

That turned out pretty nice. Where did you find the trigger guard, and did you make a new butt plate? I like how you neatly disguised the gap between the two pieces of stock. Clever. :thumbsup:

I used the Track catalog with it's actual size photo's to help find replacement parts that would fit close.
I knew I wanted the German Silver too "pop" a bit and take the eyes off the lousy split stock wood,
(it's a shame they can't find wood with grain at least close to the same in each piece).

The Trigger guard is a Lebenon, Lancaster County style chosen because the loop was big enough and the length-width was enough to cover the exsisting factory inlets. I had to narrow it quite a bit under the trigger for a it for a better shape.

The Butt plate is a Littlestown, York County chosen for the fit of the heel width and tang to the factory cuts, I had to cut the butt curve a bit flatter on the toe side, the shallower curve is easier for most to shoulder. There's a piece of curly maple where the toe plate's sposta go.

That darn split I actually glued together with no spacer using Acra Glas, I replaced the little supplied rods with 1/8" stainless and drilled 1 1/2" deep on each side, for a 3" rod. The barrel was fitted and installed and wrapped tight with rubber strap as the Glas was setting.
(the barrel is removable but that stock ain't movin!)
Still had that stock seam to cover so I inlet that pattern in there,
(it came to me in a dream/nightmare) poured pewter then filed it down, buffed it out.
Nose cap is Pewter too, with German Silver rod pipes. I guess I should have added an entry but I got kind of tired throwing $$ at it.

Stain was Febings Medium Brown rubbed back out with steel wool to highlight what little grain there was, and a Truoil finish.

In All, it was fun salvaging the parts and it's always good practice and experiance messing with distressed rifles bringing them back to working shape.
Photo's don't do it justice,,
It's actually a surprise, she doesn't know she's getting it. Showed it to some of our other friends today and they said she'll cry,,
(gonna hafta bring a camera)

wow, that turned out very nice. i have one of those hanging around the shop i'd like to fix up, but the barrel is toast!

Latest posts

Back