• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar 45 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane a gress

40 Cal
Reaction score
There is a Jukar 45 muzzleloader listed in a public sale this coming Friday evening. Anyone know where it is made and any thoughts on the quality.

Jukar, made in Spain, imported by CVA and some big-box stores in the 70s and 80s mostly as kits. Low but not bad quality entry-level muzzle loaders with OK barrels and cheap wood stocks.

I've heard good things about the barrels, but nothing good about the rest of those rifles.
One of the guys in my club bought one of the "kits" cheap enough that he could use the barrel in a build and throw the rest of it away. Shoots great for him.

I had a double Jukar percussion ML shotgun until recently. It worked fine, but the balance was all wrong and the locks were very rattly. The barrels were ok, but did not take browning/blueing well..

The Jukar barrels were often good. The triggers and locks were of questionable quality. Percussion locks were more or less functional, but the flint locks were often not properly hardened for the frizzen so firing was unreliable at best. If it is percussion and cheap, it can be an entry into this hobby. A flintlock would be a source of frustration.

If the barrel inside isn't rusted it might be worth $100 if all else looks ok. If a flintlock, I would want to see the frizzen spark or consider it a wall hanger until you can test it.

I had one of these 45 caliber flintlocks, it was incredibly unreliable but shot poorly when it did go off. I spiked the touch hole with a file tang and gave it to my nephew to hang on his wall.

There is a also a Jukar 45 pistol listed. I am fully aware that the reliability of the lock is not going to be the same as my Jack Garner smoothbore. The sale is on a neighboring farm maybe 2 miles from the house, so it won't hurt to show up and see how much it may go for. Years ago I had a cheap 45 flint that if I recall correctly was marked made in Italy. I had a lot of fun hunting with it. You had to fiddle with the the lock to fire, most of the time. Sure made it exciting when you had deer moving around and not sure if the charge would ignite when you dropped the hammer.

I have one of those. Bought it years ago as a kit. Like the others have already mentioned, it’s definitely of a lower quality.

I bring both it and a CVA Kentucky to shoots just in case we have guests who’ve never shot BP before?

I will add though, my .45 Jukar has fired every time with acceptable accuracy. That rifle along with the CVA has put many smiles on new shooters faces. Worth $$$$ just watching that look!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Latest posts

Back