• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jagerschnitzel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyemaker

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Time for morel mushrooms again and the spring meals I splurge for just for that. This year Jagerscnitzel hunters cutlets. Wild boar would be ideal but subsitute is pork tenderlion with morel and chanterelle/onion sauce, baby yukon potatos with garlic chives, white asparagus and Gruyere cheese and panko breadcrumbs topped with hazelnuts,apple pie with salted caramel truffle gelato ice cream topped with hazelnuts again. Maibock beer brewed traditionally for the last week of April and the month of May to drink. The tastes all intermingle and match very well. Also sweet root vegetables like roasted carrots or carrot cake etc. would be nice. Past spring meals are Flammekuchen white pizza and baked trout with morel/shallot sauce and ham and Gruyere sandwiches with fried morels etc. Same ingredients mix or match. Not exactly camp fare but delicious. Maibock beer rocks! Forgot to mention, like the beer and mushrooms white asparagus is a seasonal thing. usually only available here in April but can be bought in a jar and laid out to dry on paper towel or the likes.

Sorry but as a side note... some people report stomach problems mixing black morels with alcohol. Doesnt bother me but just in case use yellow morels. It is what I found yesterday. Also, dont subsitute shallots for onions but onions for shallots is ok. Taste is different. Some ppl say morels have a hazelnut taste. I dont see it but it sure mixes well with the cheese and beer and on dessert. The trout recipe used Chardonnay in the morel sauce. I did not like it. Maibock does pair with fish but not in a sauce. At least none I'm aware of. Fried fish, fried morels and Maibock to drink; that sounds more like camp fare. :wink:

It depends on where you are in BRD as to what "jaeger schnitzel" is made of.

In Rhein Phalz, it is usually venison.
(Pork schnitzel there is called "Kaiser Schnitzel".)

yours, satx

Back