• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jackalope Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Wyoming's jackalope season is afoot...
Apply for your offical jackalope license and maybe you'll harvest one of these for you den or family room...

jacklicense.jpg

The Jackalope (Lepus Temperamentalus)

The jackalope is an antlered species of rabbit, unfortunately rumored to be extinct, though occasional sightings of this rare creature continue to occur, suggesting that pockets of jackalope populations continue to persist in its native home, the American West.

The jackalope is an aggressive species, willing to use its antlers to fight. Thus, it is also sometimes called the "warrior rabbit."

lope18.gif

What caliber muzzleloader would you choose for the black powder jackalope hunt?

Jackalope hunting licenses can be obtained from the Douglas Chamber of Commerce, Douglas, Wyoming...

Jackalope hunting have only two restrictions, they are as follows...
An applicant must supposedly pass a test to prove he has an I.Q. higher than 50 but not more than 72.

Hunting is permitted only on June 31, from midnight to 2 a.m.
An adult male jackalope, poised to charge...
jackalope.jpg

What does it take ta git one 'o these har jacalope inta the Boone and Crockett record book? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif :shocking:

What does it take ta git one 'o these har jacalope inta the Boone and Crockett record book? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif :shocking:

Kan't be much. Theys gots such "Tine..ey" little heads. ::

The Jackolopes found in far west Texas ,are the largest found anywhere! You are tested to see if You are able to tell the Jackolopes from Mule deer. The size is near the same! The color and the larger antlers on the Jackolope are the way to tell. Once You pass this test, the licence is only $25.00. for residents and $50.00 for non-residents.Just happens that I have several non-resident licenses left that I'll let go for $40.00.I will also guide the hunt for anorher $100.00. If You are gored or trampled while hunting the Texas Jackolope I'll refund half the guide fee.I doubt You'll find a better price! Remember first come first served. :bull: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Them Jackalopes are tough hunting.

I swear they can duck a bullet, and can freeze a man if they look at ya jest a fer ya shoot. Not ta mention thet they travel in pair's so always watch yer back, you might think yer watchin' them - If ya only see one of them, they jest might be watchin' you.

I've seen them hunt down bobcat by decoy'n them in such a manner. Watch them buck teeth, they'll getchya every time.

Spot

The Jackalope buck- doe ratio is such here that doe season
is open all yr. long, no licence required but no buck licenses are available. There are some very frustrated does out there, best be on the watch when your out and about.

The West Texas Jackolope doe have antlers !But they seldom have more than 6 points. :bull: :)

Strange but our Jackalope does, like doe deer, have no antlers. Easy to confuse them with Jackarabbits.

Deadeye: You are privileged to see one of natures great camouflages in action!
Both sexes of Jackalope here in Arizona use this ploy to fool people into thinking they are just Jack Rabbits.
Then in the last week of November the bucks and the does grow their antlers. The bucks chase the does, mate and hop off into the sunset (No they don't die, they just go west).
The first week of December the antlers fall off and they all look like Jack Rabbits again!
The hunting season by the way is just one day long and is on the last day of the first week of December. As most of the Bucks have already lost their antlers by that time, and only "antlered" bucks are legal, the success rate among hunters is very low.
The best hunting area is West of Globe-Miami and North of Oracle Junction. Out where the missle silos were built during the Cold War.

OK, everybody, raise your left hand as high as you can. Save your watches; it's too late to save your boots. :haha:

OK, everybody, raise your left hand as high as you can. Save your watches; it's too late to save your boots. :haha:

What if you're wearing a pocket watch? :haha: :winking: ::

If you consume enough brews, you can see jackalopes here in Ohio too... :winking:

My dawg (Ol'Eagle Eyes) was charged by one'a them jackalopes, and had both his eyes "put out"!!

I shoot'em now ever chance I git, wether "season" is open'er not!! :curse: :curse: :: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I shoot'em now ever chance I git, wether "season" is open'er not!! :curse: :curse: :: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dawgs or Jackalopes? :winking: :haha:

Well actualy it'sa liddle hard fer me to tell "fer sure" (see'ns how I'm "blind" too), but from tha "sounds" of things,.... I must be "hit'n" them jackalopes!!

'Sides Ol'Eagle Eye won't go near'em anymore,.... and he now stays behind me when we go hunt'n!! (He used'ta be such a good "see'n-eye" dawg, and now he's ruin't :boohoo: :boohoo:!!) :curse: dad-blasted jackalopes :curse: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Latest posts

Back