• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've gone modern!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Modern as in I've bought commercial wads!
Ok not through choice, a purveyor that knows I use muzzloaders made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
IMG_20230909_160220.jpg

They did well. I got10 pigeon and 11 crows. Some spectacular shots and some lousy misses.
In particular one attack pigeon was coming for me and in defence I fired. Out of the smoke the same pigeon came straight for me and into my blind narrowly missing my head and Jess!
Naturally I was using fine black powder. It's like 4f. I was only using like 50gn and an ounce of shot but there was plenty of power. In fact the gun was cracking like a good'n.
My hands got as black as a crows arse!
IMG_20230909_174803.jpg

Eventually the weather broke and the distant thunder moved ever closer so I quit and packed up.

It's been a while muzzleloading for me over decoys and I had a blast with this faux Berretta. No misfires. Fouling was kept soft with homemade lube.
Jess had some fun too..

IMG_20230909_192240.jpg

I like that decorative steel band.

May need something similar after a royal screw up this afternoon.

Leather or Rawhide maybe.

That’s a heap of birds!
Some people cook pigeon (“squab”?). Will you be doing that with these or was it population control?
Either way, you guys look like you had a grand time of it!
Sometimes I make a meatloaf. Sometimes Jess gets some. To hot here at the moment though. Fly blown in minutes!
The farmer wants the spilt grain to sprout with the stubble turnips he will sow for sheep in winter.

Nice shooting Brits.
I've got to get me an OU muzzleoading shotgun.
I have nice SXS but there's just something about the sight picture that messes with my brain, I always shoot better with a single barrel or an OU.
To be honest so do I.
With the side by side I have to tell myself to ignore the barrels and concentrate on mount and just the bird.

Nothing equals the comfort provided by a dog. Modern as in I've bought commercial w
Ok not through choice, a purveyor that knows I use muzzloaders made me an offer I couldn't refuse.View attachment 251680
They did well. I got10 pigeon and 11 crows. Some spectacular shots and some lousy misses.
In particular one attack pigeon was coming for me and in defence I fired. Out of the smoke the same pigeon came straight for me and into my blind narrowly missing my head and Jess!
Naturally I was using fine black powder. It's like 4f. I was only using like 50gn and an ounce of shot but there was plenty of power. In fact the gun was cracking like a good'n.
My hands got as black as a crows arse!
View attachment 251681
Eventually the weather broke and the distant thunder moved ever closer so I quit and packed up.

It's been a while muzzleloading for me over decoys and I had a blast with this faux Berretta. No misfires. Fouling was kept soft with homemade lube.
Jess had some fun too..

View attachment 251682

Back