• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It seems odd that I want a gully washer rain. . . but I do.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have been under a stage one or stage two fire ban for most of the summer. The Pine Gulch fire (139,007 acres ) is just 8 or 10 miles from here. To give you an idea, stage two you can't even smoke outside. So I haven't shot anything in weeks & haven't shot Muzzle Loader in months!
Thank God it's finally raining as I type this, a big soaking rain today. Steady rain for maybe 4 hours now. It cost me half a days work but it's so worth it, if it puts the fire out.

I wish we would get rain too. I thought we already burned this state, California, four times over. They seem to keep finding more stuff to burn. Smoke and ash for days now.

The shooting ranges have been closed because of either the virus or the wildfires. :dunno:

Yeah Saturday the smoke was like heavy fog, one day we had tiny leaves (The whole leaf but burned to ash) fall in town. Everyone gets a sore throat, cough and a headache. . . and then you go to work where you are supposed to report if you have a cough, fever, or headache so they can send you home without pay to wait for a covid test :doh:

We didn't get much of a monsoon this year and, at least locally, all the shooting spots have been closed for months because of fire regulations. I'd love some heavy rain.

"To give you an idea, stage two you can't even smoke outside."

I cannot even contemplate it being that dry and it actually being a law.

In 2011 we went through a drought and we worried a lot about fires and what would have to our cows.

I live in Yuma Az. and it hasn't rained here at all since last November it believe. Everything around here is sparce anyway so the danger of starting a fire that burns more than a bush or two is kind of moot. Nothing growing on the desert to speak of and the critters are really hurting. A good rain would be helpful for everything.

Back