• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

it came!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic.2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
my pedersoli kentucky fllint .45 came this afternoon, so i did what any reasonable man would do, cleaned it quick and then ran ouitside to pop off a few rounds (i was supposed to be babysitting so it had to be quick, don't worry she was asleep). :grin:
The trigger is a little heavy, 7 1/2 lbs according to my scale, and the main spring is a bit stout. However, the trigger breaks clean, and the lock does not bash flints, as i have sparked it over ten times now with no visible damage to the flint. The sights are way off, but the gun shoots beautifully. it goes off instantaneously, and the 4 shots i managed to get through it all kicked up snow in the same area (4 feet away from the target) i must admit some of that was probably flinch, but they surely do need adjustment. The wood is decent, and the barrel is great. the lock is a touch strong as i said, but it works like a charm so im not going to touch it. It was definitely worth the price, and after some sight adjustment it will make a great companion in the deer and squerril woods. i gotta say i love it! though i will probably try to knock the trigger down to about 3 pounds at some point. 7 1/2 is just fine for right now :thumbsup: the major bonus in all of this as far as im concerned, is it is a pedersoli that goes off right out of the box without taking a dremel to it! outstanding :applause:

Good luck with the new BOOOOOMER :) . Don't worry too much about the noise waking-up the baby...now's the time to get her broken-in so in a few years she will want to help Daddy put holes in paper. My 17 yr. old son can fall asleep in a comfortable chair, near the firing line, as long as He's wearing muffs! That's when He's not out-scoring Dad in the rifle competition :shocked2: . All the best, Dave

:thumbsup: I have a Pedersoli flinter pistol in 50cal and love it :applause: I find it to be very accurate and very well made right out of the box. As you mentioned it is stout and easy on flints, I find my trigger pull around 4 lbs. Hope you get to make a lot of smoke with it :v
Firelock

Back