• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is anybody from Mass.?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After chipping off the frozen slush off the vehicles and then the walkway, I called up my gun dealer friend on this topic.

He assured me that you do not need any LTC or FID( which have been changed to a different class of FID) for an inline or traditional muzzleloader. Again, the only situation that you need an LTC for a muzzleloader is if it is for an Encore or NEF Huntsman( which you can't use during the muzzleloader season anyways) because it can be switched to a centerfire rifle or modern shotshell.

It doesn't hurt to pay attention to rules anyways. One can never tell in this goofy state if things change over.

Alot of this mess started in the mid 1970's when this state decided that a permit system was needed for modern long arms. The original FID card was issued for life. It allowed people to own and carry long arms in the field/range/etc. Then the do gooder, know-it-all, man-hating femi-nazi, Cheryl Jacques State Senator decided that these needed to be renewed like a LTC for a handgun. Also,the back ground check would include drunk driving and drunkeness, domestic dispute, any sort of altercation. I know it may sound good at first but many people who say had a fist fight when they were a teen, found their FID card revoked. Even some police officers found that they had their rights limited. So many hunters in this state turned to muzzleloading. That is why you probably see a lot of inlines in the woods. They are using the only alternative given to them by the powers that be.

Back