• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Iowa smoothbore shooter?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xia_emperor

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey I am in Des Moines IA and want to get a chance to shoot a smooth bore and see if I like them. can anyone can help me out? :bow:

By smooth bore are you looking to shoot, shot or a ball? I have a SxS 12 gauge percussion Pedersoli, and a "Hawken" style 62 cal flint smoothbore, that I have a ball mould for, as well as shot. I live about a hundred miles east of you. Send me an email and well work out when and where we can get together, if your interested. Leon

Im not in Iowa, but up around you there are a couple BP clubs, that could possibly help you out. Do a search for Iowa Black powder federation, and it will give you some contact info for the clubs. Probably be able to find a couple guys to help you out.

I have one. We are visiting our grandkids in Colorado right now but when we get back let's get together and shoot it. I live in Carlisle Ia.
Here is our groups web site http://home.att.net/~wordet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Longbow,
You might head over to the Marengo Trade Fair this Saturday and Sunday - Jan. 3-4.

Marengo American Legion Hall
1240 LaFeyette Ave.
Marengo, IA
Saturday 8-5, Sunday 9-3
Food served by Legion Auxiliary
Contact Larry Hall (Grey Claw) at 319-530-9714
Sponsored by: Iowa Long Rifles

trodgers said:
Hey Longbow,
You might head over to the Marengo Trade Fair this Saturday and Sunday - Jan. 3-4.

Marengo American Legion Hall
1240 LaFeyette Ave.
Marengo, IA
Saturday 8-5, Sunday 9-3
Food served by Legion Auxiliary
Contact Larry Hall (Grey Claw) at 319-530-9714
Sponsored by: Iowa Long Rifles
I didn't know that was still going on. Haven't been there in 20 years. Is it a dyed chicken feathers and plastic bead show or a quality show?

" Is it a dyed chicken feathers and plastic bead show?" Yep. My pals and I always joke about heading up to shop for a new dream catcher or a Mexican blanket.. :shocked2:

Actually, there are always a few quality traders in the mix. I usually try to drop in for a visit and always manage to find something to pick up. Not much in the way of guns, but I usually see Lorrane Searle with the beads and Cousin Dave's wife with the silver.

Tom.

Back