• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote "Chrome plating bores in shotguns in particular, was very popular during the 60s, 70s and into the 80s with Spanish and Italian makers. Both the Spanish and Italians are negligent cleaners. I used to get laughed at in Spain for cleaning my guns religiously after hunting."

Not sure if I'm understanding what you wrote correctly . Are you referring to chrome lined bores on muzzleloading shotguns or shotguns in general? Chromed lined bores are used on the greatest majority of shotguns today including high end guns. But in regards to strictly muzzleloaders, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
On shotguns in particular, not muzzleloading. And not one of my high end Spanish shotguns from the 1940's to the 1970s have chrome line4 and I have a bunch. I had a couple of lower end box locks that were.

Chrome lining was relatively common on Italian guns and Zabala Hermanos shotguns from Spain and a couple of other smaller makers. As for muzzleloader rifles from Spain, not so common, but again, if you had a big enough order, they were capitalists and would make what you would pay for.

Investarms is tied somehow to Pedersoli. I have an Investarms Hawken Carbine with
leather strap that I love. CVA offered Black Chrome Hawken style rifles. I was told by
an Importer years ago that the "Investarms Group" was a supplier group that contracted
for a designated production run for importers and buyers. They were not a constant
Brand with one factory but a group. Whatever the case, they have good quality. I favor
the TC Brand not because it is always better ,but because it was made by my American
Brothers and Sisters.

Latest posts

Back