• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Santa Fe Hawken .36cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen a .36 before. Part of the reason I got my .45 was for economy of powder... Ahh well! I would be very interested to hear how she shoots and what grade and amount of powder you use. I cant help but notice that all the rifles on Muzzleloader.com are substantially cheaper than they are here in France. And I only live about a day's drive from the Investarm factory!

Well I am weak weak weak. Struggling here. $720ish after tax and freight. I really want this one but will wait for a review on sparking and accuracy. EVEN THOUGH STOCK IS LOW!

Let me know asap. Group size and sparking/ignition are what matters most to me.

Well I am weak weak weak. Struggling here. $720ish after tax and freight. I really want this one but will wait for a review on sparking and accuracy. EVEN THOUGH STOCK IS LOW!

I will post a review, supposed to get it in the next few days. I'll try to get to the range over the weekend. Lgs I checked around here don't have any .350 roundballs so I may end up ordering them.

they also offer the rifle in a kit which is a bit less.

Do you guys think it would be better to use a oil instead of a grease lube since 36 is a small bore? Maybe an oil instead of a grease or beeswax based lube may cause less fouling. Just a thought I wanted to get some opinions on. I mean the moose snot I made works great but it's really messy. I wanted to find or make something that I don't end up covered in and wont contaminate the powder charge of left in the barrel for a few day during hunting season. I wanted to stay traditional if I can.

Do you guys think it would be better to use a oil instead of a grease lube since 36 is a small bore? Maybe an oil instead of a grease or beeswax based lube may cause less fouling. Just a thought I wanted to get some opinions on. I mean the moose snot I made works great but it's really messy. I wanted to find or make something that I don't end up covered in and wont contaminate the powder charge of left in the barrel for a few day during hunting season. I wanted to stay traditional if I can.
Can't answer that for you 100% but I can tell you that I use Tracks Mink Oil in my .32 Crockett. Also have used Bore Butter when I first got the Crockett and I have loaded and shot 11 times while squirrel hunting without have to run a patch down the bore.

20230809_190728.jpg
20230809_190637.jpg

Great looking rifle. Wait till ya hear it, my 36 sounds awesome, much different than my 45 or 50. I call it the 22-250 of the muzzleloaders.

Recieved the 36 caliber Santa Fe a few days ago. First impressions are that quality seems good. I would say that it's on par with the price point. There are a few finish details I wish were better but overall pretty good. Stock finish is smooth and well finished. It's not the color or figuring I was expecting but it's not bad. Inlaying of the patch box and butt plate could have been better but then again this is a production rifle and patch boxes take a lot of time to inlay right. The few things I do not like is the sights are cast and don't look of very high quality but can be replaced. The barrel also show that somebody didn't do there job finishing the barrel very well. 3 flats ontop are nicely finished however the rest have grinding marks that can be seen but not felt. The junctions of the flats are not smoothed over. The brass hardware is also finished nicely, the end cap could have been finished better but its not bad. However I don't want to be too picky because I am a perfectionist.

Your description of your rifle is exactly as I would describe my Investarm Bridger Hawken. It does perform flawlessly and is very accurate. The sights work well for me.

Your description of your rifle is exactly as I would describe my Investarm Bridger Hawken. It does perform flawlessly and is very accurate. The sights work well for me.
I plan on getting out maybe today or tomorrow for a range report. The sights on mine will have to be replaced eventually. I can't see up close and it's hard for me to see them. Overall I think it's a better than average quality rifle. I can't stop starring at the barrel though cause of the lack of attention to detail. However if it shoots, I'll accept it and move on lol. I tend to harp on things that are not perfect and sometimes it blinds me to the positive things. Could the fit and finish be better, yes. Could it be worse, most definitely yes, alot worse. Overall I'm happy with it as long as it shoots.

Recieved the 36 caliber Santa Fe a few days ago. First impressions are that quality seems good. I would say that it's on par with the price point. There are a few finish details I wish were better but overall pretty good. Stock finish is smooth and well finished. It's not the color or figuring I was expecting but it's not bad. Inlaying of the patch box and butt plate could have been better but then again this is a production rifle and patch boxes take a lot of time to inlay right. The few things I do not like is the sights are cast and don't look of very high quality but can be replaced. The barrel also show that somebody didn't do there job finishing the barrel very well. 3 flats ontop are nicely finished however the rest have grinding marks that can be seen but not felt. The junctions of the flats are not smoothed over. The brass hardware is also finished nicely, the end cap could have been finished better but its not bad. However I don't want to be too picky because I am a perfectionist.
GEEE... I was under the impression it was going to be the Flintlock version of the .36.......:dunno: W.Z.
Sorry tried to attach a picture of the flintlock version from Muzzle-loaders.com but ....forget it, LOL not my////

Last edited:
Back