• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Santa Fe Hawken .36cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GEEE... I was under the impression it was going to be the Flintlock version of the .36.......:dunno: W.Z.
Sorry tried to attach a picture of the flintlock version from Muzzle-loaders.com but ....forget it, LOL not my////
Yea I'm left handed, shooting a right handed flintlock poses problem for me. My GPR is a left hand version.

20230811_195154.jpg

20230811_195207.jpg

Just got back from the range, I tried shortening and dutch dry pach cause these 2 were the only lubes I had. Shot were taken at 50yds on bags. .351 cast balls with pillow ticking. The groups were shot with 40grains of Swiss. I tried different loads and 40 shot the most consistent. The ones that are not on an orange dot were with the shortening the other 2 were shot with the ballistol dry patches. I was finding patches that had a few holes using the dry patches thought they were small. Shortening patches looked perfect. Shortening as a lube seem to cake or like to greasy. Dry patches seem like they were to dry. Look promising, just need to experiment with more loads. Alteast I am seeing the potential for accuracy unlike my scout. I need to find a lube that falls somewhere between dry latch and shortening. The sights on this gun i attribute to some of the groups being alittle bigger.

Attachments

• 20230811_195159.jpg
    20230811_195159.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 0
1st time out at 50 yds thats pretty dang good. Try Hoppes #9 Blk Pwdr Patch Lube and cleaner. I LOVE IT. Not the best for hunting as its pretty wet but no fouling to deal with. Also try just spit patch (with or with out your favorite chew) and try TOW Mink Oil patch lube. It looks like that has great potential.

1st time out at 50 yds thats pretty dang good. Try Hoppes #9 Blk Pwdr Patch Lube and cleaner. I LOVE IT. Not the best for hunting as its pretty wet but no fouling to deal with. Also try just spit patch (with or with out your favorite chew) and try TOW Mink Oil patch lube. It looks like that has great potential.
Thats what I thought, I'm striving for an 1" at 50 but idk if I'll get that. I'm trying to stick with hunting lubes because after I get my load hunting season is about the only time I'll shoot it. It didn't not like shortening, I was having fliers and big groups. Dry system seems promising but I want to try something else. It also did not like any other charge than 40grains. I'll prob order some tow mink oil to try. I don't know what the recommend charge is from the factory because the manual starts at a 45cal. My main goal for today was to see if it has potential, which I think it does.

Just put an order in for a tin of TOW mink oil. Hopefully it's as good as everybody says.

Does anyone know of a quality replacement rear sight. I can only find Investarms factory sight.

Recieved my order from TOW. The mink oil smells really familiar but I can't pinpoint it but I swear I smelled that before. I also got .020 dry patches to try, hopefully it isn't too tight. I have plenty of pillow ticking aswell I'll take with to the range. I wanna try mink oil, spit patch and bees wax and olive oil aswell to see if lube makes a difference. Any other suggestions to try while I'm there???

Why try a bunch of different lubes? You bought the mink oil work up a good load for it and use it . Spit patches may work for shooting at the range but not for hunting. Mixing oil and beeswax why bother you have the mink oil use it. It is all I use in both my .36s.

Why try a bunch of different lubes? You bought the mink oil work up a good load for it and use it . Spit patches may work for shooting at the range but not for hunting. Mixing oil and beeswax why bother you have the mink oil use it. It is all I use in both my .36s.
No reason really, just to see what works best. Make sure I'm not missing anything.

Latest posts

Back