• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Model 130A Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local gun shop posted that they have a used 45 caliber flintlock rifle for sale so went today and checked it out. Turned out to be a Investarms. Looking online it appears to be a Model 130A Hawken style rifle. Bore is very good. Everything seems to work. Stock has some minor use marks but is a very nice grained walnut of some sort. I am starting to delve into flintlocks and have a Lyman GPR .54 left handed flinter I am learning with. Have a kit to build as well but want to add more flinters to the stable of percussion rifles I have. For the most part my percussion rifles are TC so that is where my knowledge lies. I am aware that Investarms makes the GPR and I consider it to be a decent quality rifle. The 45 caliber I looked at today was priced at $225. They are firm on price so what are your thoughts on the price and quality of this rifle?

T/C and Investarms share a lot of the same design features. The locks both have coil spring mainsprings, the barrels are of similar length, button rifled at a twist of 1 in 48" and the triggers will have the same feel. You should find this rifle quite similar to your T/C experience. Price is okay. In a flintlock, the Investarms lock seem to have a better sparking lock than the early T/Cs.

I've had the 130B (different patch box) since 1997 and have no complaints at all. With a good English flint I get sparks all the time. I get accurate groups at 50 yards with a .490 round ball and patch. Mine wants 63 grains of 2f powder. I think the price is pretty good so long as the condition is very good.

Back