• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Hawken Thoughts?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hylander

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Have a nice condition Investarms Hawken at work.
.50 Cal., 28" barrel, Bore looks great, Lock seems to work good, Wood is good.
Set trigger is a bit tight, have to pull kinda hard as it hits the back of the trigger guard before it sets.
Probably 1:48 twist I am thinking.
How are these rifles for reliability & accuracy?
Should I bring this thing home?

Hylander, I have one , its a smooth bore 50 cal. I have no problems with it . Shoot round ball .490 with a .020 patch
and 65 gr of 3f BP. Also shoot #6 shot in paper tubes and wads with 60 gr of 3f . I hunt rabbits and at times tree rats
in early part of season. I am well satisfied with it , if its in good shape I would say go for it . There are always a few
hick- ups in all things but they are all easily fixed. I am well satisfied with mine , looks good , good workman ship
and is very accurate.
Gunnyr
Richard

They’re very good well made guns. A little tinkering with spring tension/adjusting screw will likely take care of that trigger problem.

Some of them have chrome-lined bores. I’m not too keen on that.

Very reliable and will shoot really well. I've got two of them and they both are excellent shooters.

I have the 120a with the fancy patch box in .45, loves PRB. Great rifle only issue is .45 crud’s up faster than a .50😞have had it for forty years. Dropped many a deer.

I have 2 .54 and 2 .58. ALL are great and I would say GET IT! Mine are chrome lined and I believe they are the fasted cleaning up rifle I ever had. Can literally clean one with 5 patches. My pop shot a buffalo and elk and I have shot many elk and they preform very well. Mine are 1-48.

Great rifles, while not a historic representation of anything. My first muzzleloader was a Charles Daly (Investarms) Hawken in .54, bought around 1977. Still have it, and still shoots great. Have picked up a couple of more since, and they are accurate and 100% reliable, every bit as good as the T/C Hawken in my experience.

Back